Chapter 21

Warning: Smut

____________________________________________________________________________________

23 Weeks Along

To: Mother (?)

From: Unknown

Alright, we can meet up. Just name a time and place and I will meet you there. Please, just no funny business.

I let out shaky breath as I press send. I don't know why this is so nerve wrecking for me. It's just my mother, we used to have a great relationship when I was a little kid. So there's no way she would try to do anything to me right?

"You alright dude? You seem out of it." Josh asked me, causing me to jump at the sudden sound of his voice. It shouldn't have been that surprising because we were riding from the school to his house, but I forgot all about him, maybe I am out of it.

"Yeah dude, I'm fine." I said with a plastered on smile.

"No you're not Niall. Don't lie to me, I know when you are lying, you aren't as good as you think you are." He said with a slight smirk. "Now tell me what you were doing on your phone that made you upset?"

"One, I am not upset and two, I was just texting Calum to see if he wants to come hang out with us at your house until Luke's practice is over." I said quickly, covering up the fact that I was texting my mother since I still haven't told Josh that she has contacted me.

"Oh ok, is he coming over? Do we need to go pick him up?" Josh asked as he pulled into his empty driveway.

"He's coming over and no, we don't need to get him, his friend Ashton is going to drop him off in a few." I informed my friends as I reached for the door handle, which locked on me as soon as I touched it. I turned back to Josh to glare at him and whined out a "What now Josh?"

"Something is bothering you Ni and you are not to leave this car until you tell me what it is." Josh said, giving me a concern look.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You seriously going to trap a pregnant dude in the car?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "You are allowed out as soon as you tell me what's bothering you."

I let out a sigh, knowing I will not be allowed out of this car until I tell him something. Obviously I couldn't tell him the truth, so I picked the next biggest thing that was bothering me. "Fine, I'm 23 weeks along and I still haven't felt my babies kick. I've done the research and I've consulted with your mom and the babies were supposed to kick somewhere between 18 and 22 weeks. I'm 23 weeks along and nothing. What if there is something wrong with my babies? What if there is something wrong with them? What if there d-"

"Calm down Ni, stressing about this is not good for the babies. It's probably nothing Niall and your babies are going to kick any day now. We'll also talk to my mom as soon as she gets home and she will reconfirm to you that it's ok they haven't kicked yet and they will kick at any moment now. It will be ok Niall." Josh whispered to me, rubbing up and down my arms in a very soothing manner.

I can slowly feel myself starting relax and it was only then that I noticed that I was crying, damn hormones. I let out a shaky laugh as I wiped at my eyes before a rap of the window caused me to jump for the second time that day. I turned to the window to see Calum standing there with a confused look. "As a pregnant dude, you really should know not to sneak up on another pregnant dude." I told him after I had rolled down my window.