The 32nd Hunger Games (Fan.F)

My first story on Wattpad. Please tell me what you think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One: The Beginning

Jade's POV

I flickered my eyes open and sleepily looked at the old alarm clock on the table beside my bed.

4 a.m. Just in time.

I got up, rubbing my eyes as I walk towards the bathroom. I went in and gave myself a quick wash and changed into my usual dark clothes, grabbed a sack. And headed for the woods.

Every morning before sunrise, I would go there and pick some fruits or vegetables for lunch and dinner. No body knows that deep inside that forest are millions of fleshy fruits and healthy vegetables, just PERFECT! Dawn and I had been living on them for years since I discovered them when I was wondering out in the woods when I was 5.

Anyways, as usual, at the corner of my eyes, I saw that Ken guy sneakily entering the cave. I always seen him doing that, every time, every morning... I wonder what he does in there. Oh well, I couldn't care less.

I slowly entered the world of trees. The woods is filled with green trees, singing birds, cunning foxes & deers...Fast flowing river. The rabbits scrambling here and there, the butterflies flying above my head as the fishes swim gracefully in the crystal clear waters...

It was just an amazing sight...!

The deeper I went in the woods, the fresher the air. The air seems fresher today, maybe it's because of the reaping today... they wanted me to breathe the last of these fresh oxygen. Who knows, maybe I might not be here tomorrow morning... Maybe, just maybe, I will be at the Capitol.

I picked up all the fruits and vegetables I would need for the day and placed them the sack I carried them back home.

I tiptoed my way out of the woods, and quietly made my way back home. Reaping day, it means I must be extra careful not to let those Peacekeepers notice me.

When I reached home, Dawn was already up. "You're back early today...It's only 5.15a.m." she said as she walk toward me, eyeing the sack. "Its reaping day...Peacekeepers are everywhere, Dawn...I'm not risking my life. Eventhough they never come to the woods, its better to be safe than sorry" I replied, emptying the sack.

"Okay, okay, save the talking... Let's see what we've got there" she said impatiently.

We emptied the bag and sorted out all those stuff. "You didn't pack for breakfast?" Dawn asked. "We had heavy dinner yesterday, greedy pig" I shot back. She just chuckled.

I headed for the worn-out sofa and collasped on it and reached for the remote to the old television. Seeing what I did, Dawn came and sat on the sofa beside me. Every morning of the reaping, we would watch all the past years' hunger games. My favourite was the 25th...when Zac and Crystal Brennon was in the games.

Time flies as we watched, before we knew it, it was 1p.m! We rushed to our closet and get our outfits ready and quickly get into them. "We should stop getting absorbed into that..."Dawn joked.

We headed to the square, hand in hand. I saw hundreds of other children carring those worried and scared expressions on their chubby faces. Some even shed a tear. Somehow, I was even more nervous this year than last year. This isn't my first time...Why am I So nervous?

When I checked in, with Dawn, we found a spot where we could get a good look at the stage. Strangely, I had that strange, uncomfortable feeling in my heart. Why?

Just then, I saw that voliet haired lady with heavy make up coming up the stage...What was her name again? I kept forgetting it...

"Welcome...Welcome..." She said with a wide smile on her face. Then blah blah blah....then the moment I had been waiting for...

"As usual, Ladies first..." She hissed. She walked over to the bowl filled with the girls' names and reached inside, mixing the slips of paper with her fingers. Beads of cold sweat trickled down my pink cheeks as I waited for the results. She pulled up the slip of paper with the unlucky girl's name on it and made her way back to the microphone. I gribbed on to Dawn's hand harder as she read out "Jade Greenlock"