Chapter 19: Love and other dangerous matters

A/N: Here we are! Liked the cliffhanger in my prev chapter? xD

----

Jade's POV

I saw Ken looking directly in my eyes. I forgot everything around me. I stared into his eyes. At the moment, i felt his eyes communicating with mine.

'Ken. Who are you, really?'

"Well, well well... Look what we have here. Look guys!" Ken smirked.

Thomas and Anne turned and look at Ken. Ken picked up a sharp knife on the ground. "This lil thing looks beautiful, perfect for killing" he continued.

Thomas laughed. "You can keep it, i have enough weapons with me already."

"Thanks man!" Ken laughed and slapped Thomas' shoulder. He took one last look at me before walking away into the darkness.

My heart was pumping and my eyes were watery. Why am i being like this? Why do i feel like this everytime we meet?

At least he didn't get us killed. Maybe he is a good person after all...?

"Jade, i think it's safe to go" Myae whispered as she tapped my shoulder.

"Let's just stay for a while" Lucas said, after looking at me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"That's enough for today" i muttered as i controlled my tears. 'Ken...' I called out in my heart.

Despite how much i tried to hold my tears back, i still felt some escaping out of my eyes. I forced my eyelids tighter.

Stay strong, Jade.

I felt a warm palm wiping off a tear off my face. Lucas? Myae?

I opened my eyes and looked. Lucas.

That moment, i couldn't control myself anymore. Tears kept streaming down my eyes. I threw my hands around Lucas and buried my head in his shoulders.

And cried softly.

I felt Myae's thin fingers patting my back. Lucas stroked my head as i cried.

"Stay strong, Jade" Lucas whispered in my ears. That's right, i have to stay strong. I wiped my tears off and looked at where Ken disappeared, hoping to see him again.

Ken's POV

I saw Jade in the bushes. I didnt believe my eyes. I never thought I'd see her alive in the games again. She was staring back into my eyes.

'Jade. I'm sorry' i thought to myself as i stared at her. Her gaze made me weak again. Back at the capitol, her gaze is always accompanied by a warm smile. But now, the warm smile was wiped ofd her face.

Is it because of me? Did she think i changed? No Jade, please don't.

"Well well, well... Look what we have here. Look guys!" I said and secretly drop one of my knives om the ground and picked it up.

"This lil thing looks beautiful, perfect for killing" i continued, nervously. Hoping Thomas and Anne don't suspect anything.

It was dark anyways they probably won't notice...

"You can keep it, i have enough weapons with me already." Thomas laughed.

"Thanks, man!" I said and gently slapped his shoulders.

Thomas was a good friend to me. He always treated me like his little brother. Anne was a little cold to me though, maybe she suspects me of something? Or does she know my plans? She couldn't have known about my sister does she?