Chapter 10: Flashback with Scars

Here it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jade's POV 

~~ Flashback ~~

"Mama... Mama look!" cried the four -year old girl as she pointed at an owl sleeping in a tree hole.

"Yes, Jade. That's an owl, it's sad that your dad is going to cut down that tree soon.." replied Mother.

"Why Mama...?" replied Jade

*end of flashback*

I tried to think as hard as I could what happened back then... what actually happened? What? Why can't i remember it? Does it have to do anything with my late parents?

Ken's POV

I entered the dining room and saw Jade was lost in her own thoughts and Ashley and Jannie were sitting and talking about some stuff. Jannie noticed me entering the room and smiled.

"Well, look Ashley, Ken is here." said Jannie

Hearing Jennie, Jade was snapped out of her thoughts and shoot me a small smile and looked at Jannie.

"We were just discussing and we didn't get a chance to ask u both about your strengths..." said Ashley while looking at me and then at Jade.

"Well, I'm not bad at archery and knife shooting...my strength is not so bad..." I boosted and flexed my muscles.

"Hmm you looks quite fit, that's good..." said Jannie and turned at Jade "How about u panda bear?"

Panda Bear? Wow, guess just earned her new nickname.

"Me? Oh.. Um... I don't really know my strength actually... i was never prepared for this stuff..." Jade replied looking down at her bowl of cereals.

"Well, um nevermind sweetie, just try all the stations at the Training Room. Try to pick up a useful skill" Replied Ashley.

Jade nodded while continuing to eat her bowl of cereal.

"And tonight is the Tributes Parade. Where you will meet your designers." Said Jannie

"Who are they?" I asked as I helped myself to some bread and strawberry jam.

"For Jade, her designer is Raine. As for you, ur designer is Nicklece." replied Jannie.

-----

Jade's POV

(That Evening)

"Hi I'm Raine" introduce a browned-hair girl. Her height was just around my shoulder. Her eyes are sky blue and she have long eye lashes. She looked like someone right out of a fairy tale. She reminded me of Dawn.

"Nice to meet you" i replied with a smile.

"Haha, you got something in your hair..." giggled Raine as she took out a piece of ... something i dont know whats that...from my hair. Hmm, that's interesting... a scar on her hand.

Ken's POV

"Nicklece" muttered a tall slim guy. He have a stylish dark red hair with his fringe covering his right eye. He is fair skin and the colour of his eyes are dark blue. He wore thick black glasses and looked fit. I'm guessing he's only 20 or so... not more than 23.

"Hey" I replied, reaching my hand out.

We both shook hands, that's when I realised that there was a scar on his right forearm...

Dawn's POV

"What would you like to eat, Kim?"I asked as i opened thr cupboard. Almost everything Jade picked out before she got reaped is still there... I wasn't eating much lately. I have lost my appetite, I have lost my best friend.

"Just a simple bread and jam will do, I'm not so hungry..." replied Kim as she placed down her gun and placed it in a corner before taking off her hat and hanging it on a small metal nail sticking out from the wall.

I quickly made her meal and gave it to her. We both then sat down and catch up with each other.

Ken's POV

".. um that scar on your arm looks really bad... what happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Oh it's nothing, really..."  whispered Nicklece, feeling a little nervous as he tried to hide his scar.

It's definitely something.

"Oh ok... be careful next time." i said , trying best not to show my suspicion.

"So, lets get started on your costume shall we?" said Nicklece excitedly as he motioned me to take off my clothes so that he can put on the costume.

Jade's POV

"Wow thats quite a cut you got there, Raine" I asked, looking the scar on her forearm.

"Oh yeah, well its healing so its quite okay now"

"Ok, get well soon! A pretty girl like you wouldn't look good with a hideous scar on her hands..." I teased.

"Haha thanks. Talking about pretty, it's time to make you more pretty for tonight's big event!" said Raine as she walked towards the closet to take out my costume. I wonder how the costume will turn out to be...