Chapter 7: Kimberly?!

A/N: HEYY! Sorry, the major exams over lapped with me other important dates so I've been running around all corners of the city. I know most of you are getting impatient so SORRY :'(. Well, let's not keep you guys waiting then! (I know some will just skip this note anyway so, lets's start!) Sorry this chapter is short.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Capitol.

The Capitol.

The Capitol.

It was repeated over and over in my head, in my mind, like a broken CD. SO here I am, the Capitol. A place the last place I'd be before my departure to heaven. I did not even realised that I was crying until Ken passed me a piece of tissue.

"Thanks.." I muttered under my breath as I used the tissue to wipe off the tears. If only i could see Dawn for one last time, just one last time...

"Now, save the drama for later honeypie, it's time to get moving! Get changed if you want..." Ashley said as she opened the door and went out. Ken followed behind her and then followed by me. As I didn't want to change though, i'm gonna die anyway! While waiting for Ken to get changed, the happy moments of my life flooded in my head and the memories flashed back before my very eyes...

---

The evening sun shone brightly in the blue sky, accompanied by fluffy white clouds of all shapes and sizes. 'Tag, You're it!' Dawn giggled as she tapped me on my back and ran off. All the village children are enjoying the perfect weather during the holidays. The field was open to everyone's leisure, young or old. 'I'm going to catch you!' I shot back as I ran after her. The surrounding was filled with laughter of happy children and the chatters and gossips of the house-wives. The old people are strolling slowing by the side, breathing fresh oxygen that nature have to offer us. I wished that moment would never end, I wished time froze right there and then, I wished that everyday could be like this, happy and joyful. Filled with laughter and love.

But No.

---

"Jade! Dawn!" The familiar tone of vice entered my ears.

I immediately knew who it was.

Kimberly!! She is one of our classmates from school.

"Coming!! Just a moment!" I yelled as I tied my hair back into a ponytail.

KImberly and Dawn had planned to go near the rice plantations and play with the other village kids and since I had nothing better to do, I decided to tag along. It was a Sunday so the place would be crowded of kids who are playing, just tagging along with their parents at work at the plantations and even worked illegally for a few hours just to earn a couple of bucks for a snack.

We headed to the plantations with a spring in our step. We chatted along the way and joked with each other. Kimberly and Dawn chatted away happily. I just observed the surrounds and saw that there were already children aldy started to play a round of Tag.

"Come on! We're already late!" Dawn shouted as she grab hold of mine and Kimberly's hand and ran toward the children.

I chuckled and followed her.

I wished that time would freeze and there I'd be, with my happiness written all over my face and the melody of children's laughter still in my ears.

No. TIme flows fast like the river water.

---

"Congrats, Jade!"

"O-M-G! We should hang out some times, maybe you can tell me your secret behind this!"