Chapter 22 : Blood and heartbreaks

Ken's POV

I stepped into the Capitol once again, hearing the people cheering for me. Flashes of camera capturing my face and roses thrown to me as i walked down the red carpet.

I was given the opportunity to rewatch the hunger games.

I was actually going to find out how Jade left.

I watched the big screen and the scene where Anne and Thomas drank thr Cynaide.

And finally, the scene where Jade left... lying down beside that Lucas guy.

Lucas. And Jade. Did Jade like him? Didn't she know how much i loved her? Angrily, i grabbed a glass of beer and gluped it down.

No one was in the room with me. I grabbed a fork nearby and poked my forearm.

Ouch that.

But my heart was still painful. I poured myself another glass of beer and gluped it down, too. Everything became blurry, and i was a little bit tipsy.

And sober.

The door opened, and i saw a female figure standing there. Jade? I couldn't see. It didn't took long before i passed out on the couch and felt hands on me.

---

I woke up, beside my grandpa.

"Grandpap" I called out.

"You passed out, m'boy" He explained.

"They sent you back here." He added.

"Oh.." I said, rubbing my forehead. I was having quite a hangover.

I covered my mouth with my palm and granadpa gave me a bucket. I threw up. "Get some rest, you have top go visit the other districts tomorrow" He said as he walked out of the room. Yeah of course, districts. I looked at the wall clock that hung beside me. It was six in the evening. That means Jade died less than 24 hours ago.

Jade.

Oh man that girl have me going crazy. It's funny how just slight actions of her make me smiling like a idiot.

Jade, I missed her. I opened the drawer of the bedside table beside my bed and took out the penknife that i always kept there and cut my forearm.

Ouch that.

Blood was trickling down my forearm, i smiled. I'm going crazy. The sight of blood didn't scare me anymore. SInce there were lots of them in the arena. How they splashed around after a weapon is plunged into a body. The sight of murder don't scare me anymore. Infact, i think they make me feel better, because i knew when they were getting killed, Jade was still alive.

I've definately gone mad. Jade, how could u die so fast like that. Why didn't you come and say good bye? At least a smile or a wave would be fine.

i sighed and lied down. Tossing and turning around in bed. I still couldn't fall asleep. Maybe i'll manage to sleep better tomorrow when i will be at the Victor's Village.

---

{Narrative}

As Ken lie comfortably in bed, there was a little girl lying comfortably in bed too at the other side of town. In the white bed stained with red stains lies a small girl by the name of Dawn. The lightbulb flickering above her and the curtains dancing in the wind. Her lips curved into a smile and her hand holding on to a slip of paper. 

"I never liked you anyway.

-Kim"

-END-