Chapter 16: Losing her

A/N: First of all, good news. I'll be updating very very often from now on as school is closed for 2 and a half month. As u realised, i updated the previous two chapters within a week xD Enjoy <3

Almost too perfect.

Jade was suspicious of the series of events that occured but before she could do anything, she was pulled into the big bushes by Lucas and Tiffiany.

Lucas held her in his muscular arms and cupping her mouth with his hands. Tiffiany pointed at the group of people walking a few yards away. Jade looked at that and her eyes widened.

The career tributes.

Ken.

Lucas slowly led go of his hands and put his finger on his lips. Jade understood.

They watched them in silence, hiding in the bushes and escaping the hungry eyes of the Career tributes.

Jade's POV

Lucas led go of his hand that was on my mouth and signalled me to keep quiet but his other arm was still around my waist. My eyes were glued to the career tributes but my mind was focused on his embracing me.

I felt safe. I felt comfortable. I felt as if nothing could hurt me.

At the same time, my eyes darted to Ken. I noticed that his arm was injured and was covered by a bandage which was slightly soaked in blood.

Is Ken okay?

Before the game started i did had feelings for Ken, but do i feel the same now?

Wait what am I thinking.

Ken just played with my feelings for a while. He's different now.

I don't know what exactly am i feeling right now. I guess my heart is still immature for something called love.

Suddenly, Tiffiany accidentally slipped on some mud and fell on a bunch of dead leaves.

The tributes stopped on their tracks and looked around. Lucas led go of me and held onto Tiffiany. Luckily, they were distracted by another tribute running. Lily, desperate to kill him, told everyone to chase after him with her.

"That was close. Sorry" Tiffiany whispered.

"Its okay" I smiled.

"We should go now" Lucas said.

Eventhough we could just walk, we chose to crawl to play it safe. Just as we started to crawl, the canon went off again.

BOOM.

The guy that ran and distracted the Career tributes died i guess. Nontheless, we continued crawling. The sound of the mighty cannon dont surprise us anymore.

After crawling for a while, Tiffiany stopped crawling and got up. " I think it's safe to come up i'm tir-"

She collasped onto the ground, with an arrow piercing through her heart.

BOOM.

As Lucas opened his mouth, i covered it with my hand, preventing him form shouting and luring the killer near.

I looked thorugh the bushes, hoping to see the face of the cold blooded killer that took away the life of my beloved friend. I saw Samantha, smirking at her work and turning away.

Samantha. I thought you were the innocent one. I grabbed one of my knives and stood up. Aiming carefully and accuretly, i threw it.

It hit her right in her skull and