Chapter 17 : Deadly Trio

A/N : Thanks for reading my book, sweethearts ~ ^-^

--

Jade's POV

The night seemed to pass by briskly, I had no troubled falling asleep. Maybe because of the company of Lucas, I managed to fall into a deep sleep without having to toss and turn around.

I woke up the same like any other day, before sunrise. I looked over at Lucas who was peacefully asleep, his eyes puffy from all those crying last night. I found herself smiling looking at Lucas while he sleep. Honestly, he's kinda cute when he's sleeping. He must have been secretly crying himself to sleep as i saw there were stains of dried tears left in his face.

I brushed my hand against his cheeks. It must have been hard for him. After trying to hard to protect his sister, he just ended up watching her slip away from earth.

"Hm this is a good way to start a morning" Lucas said.

Oh my gosh. What was I doing?! So embarrassing! I blushed and got out of my sleeping bag.

" I don't always have girls touching my face early in the morning" he said, getting out of the sleeping bag.

I didn't say anything and packed my belongings. I took the useful things from Tiffiany's bag and put them in mine and Lucas' bag equally.

"You hungry?" He asked.

"Not really" i answered.

"Jade, you have to eat" he said imitating my voice from last night.

I giggled.

We got our belongings and Lucas decided to leave his sleeping bag there as he wanted to sleep in Tiffany's.

"Lets go" Lucas said and reached his hand out to me.

"Okay" I replied, and walked. Ignoring his hand.

"Ehem" he cleared this throat. I looked back. "My hand here feels lonley" he continued. I got his hint so i went over and hold it.

We walked and walked, hand in hand. His hands were warm around my small fingers. His palm was way bigger compared to mine. At the same time, i was thinking about Ken. He was nice to me, is he okay? How did he get injured? Did the career tributes hurt him?

Does he miss me?

I shook my head. Stop it, Jade. Stop thinking.

"So do you want to win this?" Lucas asked.

"It'd be nice if I do. But I dont really hope to win anything." I replied.

"You?" I questioned back.

"Me too" he answered.

"I never wanted to kill anyone" i sighed.

"But you did for my sister" he continued.

I was silent.

"Did you recieve any parachutes?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Nope" He replied.

"Oh, wow. I just got the shovel i used to pry the rocks out yesterday" i said. Dammit Jade, why did you remind him of his sister?!

I mentally slapped myself. Sometimes i just can't keep my mouth shut. Hoping he'd say something, i kept quiet.

Nothing.

The rest of the walk was silent. His hand turned a little cooler.

Then i realised that the weather was colder now. It was foggy, too. So it was hard to see where we were going to. Tired, i sat down om the ground.