Chapter 3: Unwanted guest

Me and Gwyn had been looking through houses nonstop. So far we've found a first aid kit, a gun and more ammo, and more food items. The sun was about to set so we chose to stay in the house we were in.

We sat at the dining room table and ate the can of beans while she ate the soup. Everything was silent until she spoke up.

"Where do you think everyone is?"

"Dead." I said without looking up from the can.

"Well way to ruin the mood." She said. "I feel like we're going to find them soon."

I didn't speak. I just kept eating.

"We'll find Michonne, we'll find Maggie and Glenn, we'll find Rick, Judith. I also think we'll find Carl."

I clenched my jaw just hearing his name.

"Yeah I feel like when we find him he's going to apologize and hug you."

I sighed.

"He's probably thinking about you right now. Hoping your not dead, hoping he'd find you soon. He's probably out there looking for you right now hoping he could hold you in his arms aga-"

"Stop!" I yelled out without realizing it.

I sighed once more resting my head on my hand and went back to eating. After some silence I glance up from my food and see she has a smug look in her face.

"What?" I asked her.

"You do miss him."

"No. I don't." I tell her sternly standing up from the table and going into another room.

"You didn't eat all your food." I hear her yell to me.

"I'm not hungry." I tell her.

I rub my face with my hands and lay on my back looking at the ceiling.

I don't miss him.

I kept repeating it in my head but every time I said it, it made me believe it less. After what felt like hours of hoping I'd fall asleep, I finally do.

~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of cans rattling. I get up slowly taking out my knife and gun just incase. I slowly open the door to reveal a figure with long tangly hair digging through our bag. I look to their right and see Gwyn tied up and gagged. As soon as she saw me her eyes widened. I put a finger up to my mouth signaling for her to be quiet. I slowly walk up to the person and put my gun to the back of their head making them instantly stop messing with our bag.

"Get up." I tell them.

They slowly stand and put their hands up I see they took Gwyn's gun. They turn around and it happened to be a woman. She aimed her gun at me and scoffed. I'm guessing from noticing I was only thirteen.

"I'll shoot you." She tells me still in a chuckling mood.

"Drop the gun." I tell her.

"Oh please, You're probably just trying to scare me off. I bet you don't even know how to use the gun."

I pulled back the hammer in the back of my gun hinting that I do know how to use it.

"Even if you know how to use the gun you couldn't shoot you're just a kid. You'd be to scared." She scoffed.

"You don't know what I'm capable of." I tell her sternly. "Put...it...down."

"Alright whatever I'll put the gun down...only if I get the bag."

I think for a second. "Fine."

She does as she said and slowly puts the gun on the floor and kicks it toward me.

"Now if you excuse me I'll take this. You can find more supplies." She says grabbing the bag and heading for the front door. "You're a just teenage girl anyway why don't you just run off to your boyfriend and cry."

Hearing those words made anger rise up inside me. I shot my gun planting and bullet in her stomach. Her eyes widened when she dropped the bag and her hands held her belly as she fell to the floor. I untied the gag from Gwyn's mouth as she started at me in shock and I cut the rope from her hands with my knife.

"Let's go." I tell her grabbing the bag and walking out the front door keeping my glance straight ahead.