Chapter 18: They'll find us

Okay guys so I took a little break yesterday cause I wasn't really in the mood to update. And if you were wondering why this chapter is so late it's cause I was in Washington DC for the day. 😁

After a long sleepless night, morning had finally arose. Carl had fallen asleep a long while ago.

"(Y/N)." I hear someone whisper.

I pick my head up from Carl's chest and see Sasha and Maggie at the barn door. They motion for me to follow them. I get up and head over to them.

"What?" I ask them seeing if anyone else was awake.

"We're going on a small walk to just" Sasha paused to sigh "...blow off some steam."

I looked at Carl to decide if he'd be okay for a little bit. I looked back at them and they waited for an answer and I insisted. When we went out the barn doors there were walkers lodged underneath fallen trees.

"Damn..." I breathed.

"Should've torn us apart." Sasha said in disbelief that the storm didn't tear the barn down.

"Just be glad it didn't." Maggie said as she lead the way.

~~~~~~~

After about two or three minutes of walking we came to a large clearing that made the morning sky visible from the trees.

"It's beautiful." I say looking at the just barely risen sun that was shining over the horizon, making the sky a vibrant orange and pink.

We all sit down and Maggie speaks up. "We've all just recently lost someone close and I thought it'd be nice to be in a more comforting setting."

Suddenly, someone appears from the trees and greets us making us pull out our weapons and aim them at him.

"Uh, hi." He said putting his hands up. "My name is Aaron. I know, i know stranger danger. But I'm a friend. Id like to talk to the person in charge. Rick right?"

"Why." I ask him with my knife raised.

"I have good news." He told us.

~~~~~~~

We went back to the barn and I opened the door. The door squeaked making everyone's attention on me. As soon as I step through the door Carl's the first on to run up to us and engulfed me in a hug.

"Where did you go. Are you okay?" Carl asked me

"Carl, I'm fine." I told him.

As the others walked in I introduced Aaron.

"This is Aaron we found him by himself." Daryl stepped outside to make sure and them closed the door.

~~~~~~~

He explained that he had a camp. That it was his job to convince people to join him. To make the community stronger. He seemed like a really nice guy.

In mid sentence Rick went up to Aaron and punched him leaving him unconscious taking everyone by surprise.

~~~~~~~

When he regained consciousness Rick had everyone go outside and let them talk.

(And a whole bunch of dialogue later) Rick finally insisted on going. He sent a small group to go check if anyone was in the area while me and Carl were feeding Judith the applesauce Aaron brought.

Carl held her in his lap and I took a spoonful as she great fully ate it off the spoon. She got a little of her lap and she stared at it. She the small amount up and put it in her mouth making both of us laugh.

When the group got back we headed out. Michonne, Glenn, Aaron, and Rick drove Aaron's car and the rest of us went into the RV. Aaron kept saying we should take route 16 cause they've already cleared it of walkers but Rick kept refusing and decided we should go down route 23. Just our luck 23 was overrun. Before we were able to enter the mayhem Abraham took a sharp turn and headed the other way.

"What about Rick and the others?" Sasha spoke up as everyone panicked.

"They'll find us." I tell her trying to keep everyone calm.

Well this chapter sucks. I actually think this is like the worst chapter I've written. Maybe it was just from not keeping up on my updating schedule. Idk it's like if you don't work out on the scheduled day you feel like crap the next day cause you didn't work out your muscles... I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE. I think I just need some sleep...

Good night 😴 and until next chapter ✌️