Chapter 13: Just when we thought everything was calm

Thank you guys so much for 15k this story literally wouldn't be here without you guys. Oh and I changed the cover to match this one( if you didn't know)

We walked through the woods as we just talked about random stuff.

"It's been so long I can't even remember how old I am." I laugh.

"Hmm. Well when's your birthday?" He asks me.

"(D/O/B)"

"Well then your birthday is either getting close or just passed considering the weather." He tells me. "And I'd guess you're probably hmm 14 turning 15?"

"It's kind of sad not celebrating any holidays anymore. Like Christmas, Easter, even your birthday." I tell him.

"Well how about we say your birthday's tomorrow? If we don't have any problems tomorrow we can have a small party." He suggests.

"I don't want to be the center of attention."

"Oh come on. It'll just be a small celebration."

I look at him for a second before insisting. "Alright but I'm not expecting you to go all out...so don't. I don't want you going through trouble for me." I say. "Just a small "happy birthday" and then we're done."

He laughs. "Alright, alright."

As we are heading back up to the church, something from the corner of my eye catches my attention. I stop to look. I walk up to the back wall of the church and see writing carved into it.

"What's wrong?" Carl asks following.

When I'm close enough I read the words, "You'll burn for this" out loud.

"Well obviously this priest guy isn't as good as he seems to be." I tell him.

~~~~~~~

When Rick and the group came back we showed him the carvings and he said he wasn't planning on trusting him even if we didn't find it.

We were having this huge feast of canned foods that they brought back. Carl held our plates and I scooped what we wanted on to them, since I wasn't able to do it myself, you know...my arm which had actually stopped bleeding just a little while ago and is almost healed.

Abraham told us that they were getting Eugene to Washington cause he's a scientist and is able to stop the virus that make the dead living. He suggested our group joining them. Rick approved.

I sat in between Carl and Gwyn, set my plate on my lap, and started eating. Everyone was happy to take a break from everything.

~~~~~~~

"I'm tired." I say as I yawn making a squealing noise, cuddling into Carl, and closing my eyes.

After not hearing anyone's responses only hearing chuckles and laughs I open my eyes and see everyone laughing their asses off.

"What?" I laugh.

"You're yawn." Glenn says between laughs.

I look up at Carl and he pecks my lips and smiles. I rest my head back on his chest as all the laughter dies down and close my eyes falling asleep.

~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)." I heard Carl as I open my eyes.

"Garreth isn't dead." Gwyn says as I sit up and run my eyes seeing it was still dark outside.

They tell me what's going on and what we are supposed to do while Rick and a small group look for Garreth and his group. Gwyn, Judith, Gabriel, Bob, tyreese, Carl, and I all in Gabriel's office just waiting knowing what the plan was and being as quiet as possible. We heard the doors open and Carl raised his gun and I raised my knife.

"Well I guess you know we're here." Garreth said. "And we know...you're here."

"We've been watching you. We know who's here...there's Bob,unless you put him out of his misery already. Tyreese. The tall girl and her suicidal friend." I saw Carl shift his gun in his hands and pierced his lips. "Her boyfriend...and his baby sister, Judith. Rick and the rest walked out. Listen, we don't know where you all are but this is a pretty small space. It won't be long until we find you. So you'd better just come out now..." There was a few minutes of just pure silence.

"Look we know your behind one of these two doors and we have enough power to take them both down." Suddenly Judith starts crying and Gwyn is quick to try and comfort her. After that, all I hear is quiet murmuring. Just about a minute after there were sudden screams and violent noises making me jump every time there was a weapon to bones. Carl pulled me close. And it all fell silent.