Chapter 22: Im serious.

I look around scanning every person I see as I look for Carl and end up seeing him talking to Mikey.

"There you are. Where were you?" He asked as I walked up to him.

"Oh... You know just out back." I tell him as Ron comes up and stands behind Mikey. "Talking to Ron."

"What about?" Carl asks looking between both of us.

"That's actually what I wanted to tell y-"

"Oh just- boring crap. No one would be really interested in hearing. Just...about the world. You know. How torn apart it is." Ron cuts me off glaring at me.

I thought for a second. I didn't really want to tell Carl about what happened figuring he'd go all crazy and end up either hurting himself or someone else. Even though I need to and I should tell him, I just don't feel like starting something that will effect all of us staying here. Suddenly I started feeling dizzy and took a few quiet deep breaths.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" Carl asks me holding my hands. "You seem flustered."

"Oh Yeah. Fi-fine." I tell him with a fake smile trying not to stutter but end up doing so anyway.

I had no clue why I was. I guess I was just nervous. I felt really hot and a bit sweaty.

"Come on. Let's get you back to the house." Carl told me leading me to the front door.

~~~~~~~

I laid on the bed as Carl gave me a cold cloth for my head to cool me down and sat at the foot o the bed.

"What really happened?" He asked me.

I sighed. "Tell me where you were when I came back from getting interviewed and I'll say."

"(Y/N) I told you I was just out exploring." He told me with more confidence this time but it still didn't seem like the full truth.

"Ron tried to kiss me." I told him.

He stared at me for a second probably trying to process the words that had just came out of my mouth.

He got up from sitting on the bed and started heading for the door. As soon as his hand grabbed for the door know I spoke up.

"Carl." I say stopping him. "But he didn't. So don't."

"But if I don't, he might try to again! Or maybe even something worse! He probably won't even fully get it to stay away if I don't say something to h-"

I cut him of by giving him a look and he sighed.

"Alright... I won't." He said before closing the door and sitting back where he was at the foot of the bed.

"That's the same fucking thing you said last time before you shot my sister...Carl, I'm serious....don't." He seemed a bit surprised by my seriousness and choice of words before he just nods and lays down next to me.

I set the cloth on the bedside table and rest my head on Carl's chest before my eyes slowly start to close and I fall asleep.