Chapter 26: The cliff

"Previously on The Walking Dead"

Without hesitation Rick turned to Pete and shot him in the head.

"Rick?" I look just a bit to the right and see Daryl, Aaron and a familiar face by the entrance.

"Morgan?"

~~~~~~~

Third person POV

"This is where it all starts tomorrow." Rick says explaining the plan.

There were tons and tons of walkers in this cavern/canyon type thing.

As Rick explains who is doing what he's interrupted by the sound of rocks breaking. Everyone looks behind him and the huge semi that was supposed to be keeping them from getting to the group, falls off the edge.

"We gotta do this now!"

-Flash back-

(Y/N)'s POV

Deanna was still mourning at her husbands departure by the campfire. Glenn, and Nicholas came back bloody. Tara's okay, but has no clue about any of the shit that just happened. Everyone was... I'd say trying to recover.

Enid was sitting on the roof of a wooden structure flicking a lighter. I climbed up, Carl following, and sat next to her. Carl sitting next to me holding my hand. She had cuts on her face and a swollen nose that was almost healed.

"I know we aren't necessarily the 'best of friends', but if shit starts going south we are going to have to at least trust one another other." I tell her. "Don't get me wrong I still want to bust your teeth in but we need to at least know we're both not going to be stabbing each other's backs. Figuratively or literally."

Still flicking the lighter she gave one nod. That was it.

~~~~~~~

It was the next day and I was on perimeter duty today.

As I was heading for the gate I see Ron just standing there. I walk up to him to see what was doing and I place a hand on his shoulder making him jump. I follow his gaze through the trees and see Deanna and Rick talking to Toby and Gabriel as they were in the middle of digging the graves for Reggie and Pete. I gave him a confused look and he immediately gets flustered.

"Uh... Grieving."

I nod once slowly and walk off. I knew Pete was his father but by his facial expression, he wasn't grieving. He looked pretty pissed.

~~~~~~~

As I was heading out of the gate Rick and Morgan waved as they drove off. I, returning the gesture, waved back. As I turn the corner of the wall I see Ron climbing over.

"You've got to be kidding me." I say as I wait for him to climb over and jump to the ground.

He starts heading in the direction Rick and Morgan were going. I sighed and started following him. Knowing he had no gun, or no weapon whatsoever, he was most likely going to screw up.