Chapter 25: Agreed

I woke up and it was pitch black outside. I tossed and turned to try to go back to sleep. I turned on my other side to face Carl and remembered he wasn't there. I forgot. I sighed and got out of bed. I went downstairs to get water only to trip coming down the stairs making a loud thud. I winced in pain getting up. I look around at everyone sleeping making sure I didn't wake them up. And then I see Carl on the couch. He didn't look very comfortable. He's slept on worse things and yet he hasn't been like that then. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a plastic cup from the cupboard. I filled it with water and took a gulp. When I turned around I jumped seeing Carl standing there.

"Are you alright?" He asked me sympathetically. "I heard you fall."

"I'm fine." I tell him before taking another gulp.

"What are you doing up?" He asked me.

"Couldn't sleep." I mumbled.

"Me either."

I drank the last bit of my water and put the cup in the sink.

"Well, goodnight." He told me.

"Goodnight." I said softly.

I made my way back to the stairs as Carl made his way back to the couch. The moment I stepped on the first step I stopped myself. I wanted to cry. I already felt the tears start flooding my eyes and I took a shaky breath. No matter how much I wanted to avoid him I couldn't.

"Carl." I whisper but call out to him. I couldn't see a thing.

"Yeah." He does the same.

"Can... Can you come sleep with me?" I asked softly. (Not in that way. If you people thought something else ;p)

It was seconds before I heard a response.

"Alright." He said. I sensed that he smiled from the way his voice sounded... If that makes sense.

I waited for him to reach the stairs and when he did I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest hearing his heartbeat. He kissed the top of my head, pulled away and intertwined our fingers. And we both headed upstairs.

I laid down on my side and Carl laid down pulling me close with his hands on my stomach.

I turned my head toward him and he lifted his to see me better. I pecked his lips and turned back and closed my eyes. He kissed my cheek before I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~

I faintly hear yelling and screaming. I open my eyes and look out the window to see a few people running.

"Carl." I try shaking him awake. "Get up." I say worriedly as I look out the window again.

"What?" He asked just now waking up.

"Come on." I tell him getting out of bed and running out of the room.

I go out the front door and turn to the next street hearing Carl's footsteps behind me. I see a large group of people and run up. It was Rick and Jessie's husband. They were wrestling. one after another they'd try to punch and choke each other. Once Carl catches up to me he stops dead in his tracks and saw what was happening.