Chapter 8: It doesnt even matter anymore

Shoutout to reapingjay12 and littlehayeslover for all the votes on my first book :)

We found a truck on the side of the road we could rest in after we've been walking for what felt like ages.

Gwyn was in the way back, Carl an I in the seats behind the front ones and Rick and Michonne were going to keep watch by the small fire they made.

I rested my head on Carl's shoulder while his arm was around me. I looked up at him and saw his eyes closed. I peck his jaw bone since I wasn't able to reach his lips and set my head back down. I close my eyes and instantly feel Carl bring my lips to his with his fingers on my chin. Suddenly there was a loud thump making me jump. I look out the window and see ...Daryl? getting beaten up by some random people and Michonne and Rick held at gun point. I jumped again when I heard a small click on the window next to us and see a man with a grin on his face and a knife in his hand. My eyes widened as I tried pushing down the knob by the window that locks the door but the man noticed my action and quickly opened the door making me fall to the cold dirt. I tried reaching for my knife only to realize Gwyn still had it. Just then the man picked me up and threw me to the ground on my back and sat on me holding me down. Tears started flooding my eyes. I tried looking back at Carl but he was already out of the truck getting held back by some other guy. There were two guys beating up Daryl, one holding me down, one holding Carl back from trying to run to me, and two with guns up to Michonne's and Rick's head.

"These people killed Lou and Denise. They aren't good people." The guy by Rick said. The man on me held one of my arms with his knee and the other with his hand. No matter how hard I squirmed or screamed I wasn't able to get from underneath him. With his other hand he started unbuckling his belt. I heard Carl yell and sob as I kicked and screamed more trying to get from the man's grip.

"Gwyn!" I yelled as I cried. "I need my weapons!"

I saw her through the windshield as she worriedly looked through the bag. She finally found it and held up the gun and squeezed the trigger putting a bullet through the roof of the truck making everyone's attention go to her. Just then as everyone was distracted Rick head butted the guy by him and everyone else used this opportunity to get from the guys' hold.

"Gwyn! My knife!" She ran out of the car with my knife raised and tossed my gun to Carl. "Pass me my knife!" She sort of stood there. It looked like she was thinking.

"Let her go." Carl said sternly. I looked in his direction and saw he had my gun raised.

The guy that was on me got up and grabbed me holding his knife to my neck.

Suddenly Rick bit out one guys throat and spit it out. Again, while everyone's attention was on them Carl suddenly shot the guy, that was holding me down, in his head making his body fall to the ground. Carl ran up and wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight. Me doing the same. When I pulled away I looked in Gwyn's direction.

"Why didn't you give me my weapons?" I asked her.

"Because I couldn't." She said looking me in the eyes.

"I was in danger. I needed them!"

She sighed before I started off again.

"He was about to rape me! He could've killed me! Why?! Because I didn't have my weapo-"

"I can't trust you with them!" She cut me off making me jump.

Everything fell silent as it felt like all eyes were on us. I sighed.

"Let's just go." I mumbled softly walking off with my head down.

~~~~~~~

It was day time by the time we got to another set of train tracks. I was trailing off behind everyone else on purpose. Not too far, jut a few feet. While everyone was talking about where we were going I spaced out for a few minutes just looking at my steps. When I feel something brush my shoulder I snap out of my thoughts and look up to see Carl next to me.

"I want to know what happened. Why does she not trust you." He asked seriously.

"It doesn't even matter anymore."

"(Y/N)." His bright blue eyes staring into mine softly, waiting for the answer.

No matter how much I needed to tell him I couldn't I didn't want him worrying for me like Gwyn is. It's done and over with. It shouldn't matter anymore.

So I wanted to tell you guys that I may be updating a little later than usual since I'm busy packing and crap cause I'm moving. I don't want to go into detail with it so yeah I just won't be able to update as often for a few months till I get settled in then I'll be updating multiple times every week.