Chapter 19: The girl in the window.

I love Aaron and Eric. I really hope neither one of them die soon.

Abraham went through route 16 getting us where we needed to go, or at least as far as Aaron told us. We just waited on the dark road. Carl had his arm wrapped around me and I had my head on his chest. I look at Gwyns gun in my hands when suddenly there was a noise, that almost sounded like a firework shooting up in the air, and a small orange shine of light. When a couple people, including me, got up and looked out the window we saw a flare in the sky.

"It might me Rick. He took Aaron's flare gun." Rosita suggested.
Just then Abraham started the RV again and began driving that way.

~~~~~~~

We had only driven not but 10 minutes and we got to a few buildings that were in the direction of the flare. We got out and raised our weapons just incase when we got to the door of one building there was a light on. In the room was a man sitting on a cot with a twisted ankle and an empty flare gun. When he saw us he jumped put his hands up.

"Wh-where's Aaron?" He asked us. Now realizing he's with Aaron and not much of a threat we all put our weapons down.

I looked back at the few people who decided to look in, weapons still raised. Daryl, Abraham, Rosita, Maggie, Sasha, and Tara.

I assumed he knew we knew Aaron cause he was probably the one person Aaron was with.

"He's with Rick." I tell him.

"He's alright, right?" He asks worried.

"That we know of." I answered.

He tried moving his leg and immediately winced in pain.

"You broke it." Maggie pipes up.

~~~~~~~

When Maggie finally gets done making some sort of brace for his ankle we hear a car door close. I look out the window and see Rick and the others.

"Carl." I told him smiling.

He smiled back and got up from where he was sitting next to me and went out the door. I got up and went to the door following everyone else out. It was good to see everyone was okay.

Aaron started calling Eric's name and looked around when he called to Aaron from inside and he ran in.

We waited in the room next to it when Aaron came in.

"Thank you, you guys saved Eric. And I owe all of you. And I can pay you back in full when we get to our community, to Alexandria. Maybe we could hit the road tomorrow morning." He suggested.

"That sounds fine." Rick told him.

~~~~~~~

It was the next morning and I had already fallen asleep on the RV's couch, again, with Carl holding me close.

I wake up but keep my eyes close. I feel the vehicle stop.

"Hey, (Y/N). We're here." I hear Carl tell me.

I open my eyes and look up and behind me, at him and smile. He leans down and kisses me before pulling away and letting me get up. I stretch and step out of the RV and see the open gate. Carl intertwines his fingers with mine as we walk in. I suddenly get this strange feeling someone is watching me. I look around and instantly notice a girl, most likely our age, staring in our direction through a window. Great, we only just stepped into the town and it's already creeping me the hell out. As long as she stays away from me and Carl I'll be fine. I look at Carl to see if he noticed her, which he didn't, and then back at her just to see she was gone.

"Before we go any further I'll need you to hand over all your weapons....you stay, you hand them over." Another guy came up to us.

"If we were going to use them we would've already." I tell him.

"Let them talk to Deanna first, Nicholas." Aaron tells him.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asks him.

"She can tell you anything and everything you want to know about this place....Rick why don't you start." Aaron answers.

Rick stands there silently when there are faint growls coming from the other side of the fence. I look behind me through the bars and see a walker a couple dozen feet away. I aim Gwyns gun and sigh before pulling the trigger and making the walkers body fall to the ground.

"It's a good thing we're here." Rick said as we started walking more in the neighborhood.