Chapter 7: "I'm sorry."

A drop in the ocean-Ron Pope (listen as you read :3) I also want to give ___Violet___ all the votes and support on my first book and being the first one to vote on every chapter of this one. Now you may read :)

"Oh my god." I managed to choke out. My voice was hoarse from not talking in a while.

Tears started flowing from my eyes.

"Carl!" I barely squeaked as I jumped out from the bushes and ran up to them.

He turned around as I reached them and I wrapped my arms around him. He didn't hug back until he knew it was me and when he did he attacked me with the biggest, tightest hug.

When I hugged him I didn't want to let go. Tears were probably all over his shirt.

"I'm sorry." I squeaked again, still having my voice messed up.

He brought my face up and his lips fell on mine. Our lips moving in sync for what felt like ages I finally pulled away and hugged him again, my ear on his chest.

"I'm not letting you go." He told me sounding stuffy. Probably from crying.

"I don't want you to." I laughed through my cries.

"This is a heart warming reunion, love birds but we should probably get going." Michonne teased.

He pulled away and tried holding my hand until he realized nothing was there. He held my arm just above the bandage with wide eyes.

"What happened?" He asked shocked.

"I got bit." I said, my voice slowly repairing.

He hugged me once more before we intertwined our fingers with my other hand and started walking.

~~~~~~~

During the walk we've just been catching up.

"I ate a whole 112 ounce can of pudding." He said smirking.

"So you were the one who left it on the street." I told him.

"Yep." He said laughing.

"So you cut it off? Like we did with Hershel?" Rick asked me.

"Yeah, Gwyn cut it off with her ax." I told them. "We went through a few houses and found medical supplies."

"I had no clue what I was doing, to be honest. But hey! She's alive." Gwyn said making us laugh.

"Where'd your gun and knife go." Carl asked me gesturing to my empty holster.

I looked down at the ground and took my hand from Carl's.

Gwyn cleared her throat. "So uh- is it just you guys here?" She said changing the subject.

"Yeah we haven't run into anyone from the prison except for you guys." Rick tells us.

As they're talking I can see out of the corner of my eye, Carl kept glancing at me.

I pulled the badge out of my pocket and held it out for him to see.

"I kept it." I said with a shy smile. I tried pinning it to my shirt but failed.

"Here let me help." Carl said taking the badge and carefully pinning it making sure it didn't poke me this time.

After he pinned it, he wrapped his arm around me and held me close.

~~~~~~~

"What are you doing?" Rick asked us as he turned around.

"We're winning a bet." I told him as I keep my balance behind Carl on the railroad track.

"In your dreams." Gwyn said as she kept her balance behind Michonne.

"This is going to go on for a while. Is there a way we can speed this up?" Rick asked laughing.

"Yeah you're right. We shouldn't be fooling around. We should probably- Carl!" She said trying to make him fall but instead, falling herself.

"We win." Carl piped as he looked back at me.

"Sorry Gwyn." Michonne told her.

"Oh no it's fine. I was about to fall anyway." She said laughing a bit.

Michonne pulled out two candy bars. And held them out for us to choose holding the 'Cruncho' in front of the 'Big Cat'.

I laughed at her action as Carl took the Big Cat.

"Oh come on." Gwyn whined.

"Well you guys said winners choice." Carl told them opening the candy bar.

He split it in half and gave me one. Michonne doing the same with Gwyn.

"We have animal crackers." My voice cracking still trying to fix itself.

Gwyn took them out of the bag and opened them. Everyone took a few and passed it around.

I don't know what would've happened if I wasn't here right now. But I do know that if I ended it earlier I would've never found him.