Chapter 27: Symbolized

Please read all the way till the end. Including the very very important authors note as I explain my "disappearance" and what's in the future for this.

It's been a few days since the Ron incident. Everyone's had a job since then, leading the walkers away. Mostly the adults while us "kids" stayed inside the walls.

I sat on the bed and Carl next to me, arm draped over my shoulder. It was just silent. I liked the quiet atmosphere.

"I love you." He spoke up.

"I love you more." I said looking up at him before he placed a short gentle kiss on my lips.

When he pulled away it was only seconds before I went in to kiss him. As our lips moved in sync the kisses became more and more passionate. And with every kiss I felt more and more in the clouds, as I had less control of what I was doing.

~~~~~~~

My eyes shot open as I heard endless screams. I jumped out of the bed as Carl was just now waking up quickly hearing what was going on. I ran downstairs doing my best to not trip, Carl's footsteps not too long after mine, grabbing his rifle and my gun, tossing it to him.

"Stay here and keep Judith safe." Carol told us as she unholstered her knife and went out the front door.

I heard the faint clicks of the back door's lock and motioned Carl over, both of us hiding around a corner on either side.

When the door opened we had both jumped out from behind and raised our weapons just to be met with Enid.

"Hi..."

I sighed and lowered my gun. "Why didn't you just knock?"

"I have these. I didn't want them to have them." She held up a ring with dozens of keys on it. "And I wanted to say goodbye."

"Watch the front door. Tell if you see them coming." Carl told her as he walked to the living room and us two following.

"I'm not staying."

"You're not going anywhere." I told her.

"You can't go anywhere. They're coming in the walls from all sides." Carl added.

"Help us protect Judith." I told her as me and Carl sat back to back.

She gave in and sat facing the front door to where we were each facing one.

~~~~~~~

It had only been a few minutes when I went to go look at the doors to make sure no one was close.

"(Y/N)! Sit back down, please." Carl told me and I ignored him as I look out the front door window.

I immediately start unlocking the door when he asks me what's wrong.

"It's Ron." I finally get the dead bolt unlocked and Carl slides past me and Enid telling us to stay in the door way.

Ron was getting chased by a man with a knife. I shot the man in his leg causing him to hit the ground. Carl went up closer with his weapon still dead set on the man who was now begging for his life and as soon as Carl got close enough the man dropped his act. He grabbed Carl by his leg to help himself up grabbing the end of the gun in the process. Carl shot his gun planting a bullet in his head and he went limp, falling to the ground.

"Come inside. We can keep you safe." Carl told Ron as he tried catching his breath.

Ron looked over at me and Enid and looked straight in my eyes before answering with a stern "no" and started walking off.