Chapter 20: Enid

I put my knife on the gun filled cart. I pull out Gwyn's gun and I look down at it.

"Can I just keep the gun....take out the ammo?" I ask the lady handling the cart.

"I'm sorry, I'm just doing what I was told. To gather all your weapons." The lady told me.

I sigh when someone's hand rests on my shoulder and hesitantly put the gun on the top of the pile. I look back to see who's hand it was and it was Carl's. He pulled me into a small hug and I pulled away after it started feeling like ages since we started.

~~~~~~~

When they showed us the house we were staying in, I stared in awe. The inside looked even bigger.

Rick said 'Jessie', I think her name was, wanted Carl and I to meet her son who was around our age. So we went.

"This is Ron." Jessie told us. We both told him our names as he shook both of our hands but looking straight into my eyes as he did.

"The others are upstairs." He said pointing in that direction.

He led us upstairs to a room with, the girl that was in the window, on the bed and another boy by a tv.

"Uh, guys this is (Y/N), and Carl and this is Mikey, and Enid." Ron told us.

I gave a small wave and got a glare in return from her and she stared at my arm making me shift uncomfortably. Yeah I can tell I'm not going to like her.

"Oh hi!" Mikey said as he got up.

Enid sighed. "Hi." Was all she said.

"Enid's from outside too. She came about a month ago." Ron said putting a hand on her shoulder. "You guys want to play some video games? Or... Mikey's dad has a pool table."

There was a small moment of silence.

"Um..." I hear Carl slip out.

"Oh, sorry. Guess we came on a little strong. We could just hang out. You don't have to say anything." Ron told us.

"Yeah. It took Enid three weeks to say something." Mikey said.

"Pull it together sport." I hear Enid say.

-_-

"Well it was nice meeting you guys." I tell the boys breaking the tension between me and her as I intertwine my fingers with Carl's. And Ron gave me a smile. Both defiantly got Enid's attention. "...you too." I gesture towards Enid.

"Yeah." She says as she still keeps her eyes glued to a comic book.

~~~~~~~

I sat on the couch sitting in front of the camera.

"So...?" I asked Deanna.

"Those people your with. Do you trust them?" She asked me.

"Well yeah. They've kept me safe since I was 12." I tell her.

"Your arm says otherwise." She said gesturing to my stumped arm.

I held it just above my lap.

"No...this-this was cause I ran away from them. Their safety. I got bit."

"So you're saying without these people you'd most likely not survive on your own?"

"No. This was from a stupid decision. And..." I paused to sigh. "I wasn't alone...I'm strong without them with me. It's just they make me stronger."

Her expression told me she took note to that.

"You're a really good shot for only having one hand. You may come in handy." She chuckled at her pun as she got up and reached for the camera.

When she stopped the camera she lead me to the front door and put a hand on my shoulder.

"You should see my husband, Reg. He's a surgeon. He can help with your arm." She told me.

"Thank you." I gave a small smile a went out the door.

I walked back to 'our' house. I'm surprised I remembered where it was. Daryl was sitting on the porch skinning a opossum. When I opened the door nobody was in the house except for Eugene, Sasha, Abraham, Rosita, and Gabrielle. I look back at Daryl closing the door.

"Where's Carl?" I ask him.

"I dunno. I thought he was with you." He answered.

I sighed. "Alright."

Suddenly I start hearing people yelling and go to see what was happening.

When I get to the front gate, Aiden was pushing Glenn when he tried to punch him. Glenn ducked and punched Aiden sending him on his ass. People started gathering around to see all the drama. When Deanna is yelling at Aiden I see Carl on the other side of all the commotion. And not far from him I see Enid. I have no clue if he was with her or not but either way she needs to stay awa-

"And (Y/N)?" Deanna said cutting me from my thoughts. "Would you like to be perimeter guard?"

"Um..." I look around once more and see people staring. "Sure."