Chapter 12: And I love you more

thelocalclique and Dawsey_forever just started some pretty amazing C.R fanfics you should check out.

After our heart warming reunion we followed the train tracks. As soon as we got to a terminus map everyone turned left into the woods. I pulled my hand from Carl's and grabbed a handful of mud. On the sign that read, 'Sanctuary for all, community for all. Those who arrive, survive', I crossed out everything except for 'sanctuary' and wrote 'no' above it. I shook of the excess mud and locked hands with Carl again, following the group.

~~~~~~~

Night arose and we stopped to rest, having a fire lit. Daryl told us what happened to Beth and that shes alive somewhere out there. Carol told us what happened to Lizzie and Mica. She also found my knife and holster along with Daryl's bow and Rick's watch in a room she passed through. She told us she set fire to Terminus. Gwyn trusts me with my knife again. Carl hasn't brought the situation up. I think he thinks I still don't want to talk about it.

Carl and I were at our own area just a few feet away from the whole group as they talked. I had my head resting on his legs as he leaned against a tree, sitting on the ground. His hand on my upper arm.

"The dreams I have," I spoke up. "Always end up with you dying." I tell him.

He doesn't respond. Only took a small sigh.

Carl's POV

I sigh and slightly rub her arm comforting her. I want to ask her about how and what happened, but I don't want her thinking she has to tell me about it.

"You killed yourself." She said sniffling.

"No, hon, you just rest." I tell her as she sits up and sets her head on my chest.

"You killed yourself after you saw I did." She said as I felt a wet spot on my shirt from her tears.

I placed my hand on her head.

"And the one before, when Gabby came... She killed you. And the first one, you told me you'd be okay when there was a herd. They walk passed me as if...I weren't there and-and tore you apart... In front of my own eyes." She spilled out her words as she cried.

I couldn't help but tear up.

"After I thought I'd never forgive you... I did." I listened as she talked. "And I couldn't take it anymore, not being at your side, not having you there to comfort me, to hold me, to always try to protect me even though I was capable of doing things on my own. I couldn't take it and I wanted to end my pain. You lied to me but you did what was right and I shouldn't have been mad at you for it." She sighed and continued. " Gwyn said 'you never know what you have until it's gone' and she's right...I don't want you to go, I don't want you to die. No matter how much I wanted to punch you in the face before," She laughed a bit and continued. "I- I love you... And I would never be able to leave you again or keep myself stable if you left me."

I lifted her head up seeing her eyes were red, her nose pink, and tears on her cheeks. I pressed my lips to hers gently and kissed her, our lips moving in sync. When she pulled away she rested her head back on my chest.

"And I love you more." I whisper to her putting my head back on the tree and letting sleep take over.

(Y/N)'s POV

"And I love you more."

I felt a small smile form on my face before my eyelids got heavy and I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~

It was morning and we were back on our feet. Me and Carl had our fingers locked and Gwyn had her arm locked with my stump. She cut my arm just a small bit below my elbow to where I could still bend my arm.

"Help! Somebody!" I faintly hear someone scream.

Without hesitation Carl starts heading in that direction causing everyone else to follow. When we turned a corner I saw a boulder with a priest on top kicking away about four walkers. I take my knife and stab one in its forehead. While everyone else killed the others.

~~~~~~~

Gabriel, the priest, led us to the church he was staying at.

He told us about how he was able to survive for so long.

Carl sat next to me in a pew with Judith in his arms. I rested my head on his shoulder and he set his hand on my thy.

Rick said he was going to take Gabriel and a small group to go to the food bank Gabriel mentioned.

"I can watch Judith if you'd like." Gwyn came up to us. "It's been a long while since I've cared for her."

Carl gave her to Gwyn and motioned me to follow.

We went outside of the church.

"Where are we going?" I asked Carl.

"Just a small walk."

"Why?" I laughed.

"Cause it's a nice day. Don't you think? I also wanted to spend time with you." He said wrapping an arm around me and pulling me into his side.

We walked along the side of the church.

"How'd you feel," I said breaking the small amount of silence. "When I left you."

"Well I mean when I called your name at the prison and you didn't look back I felt heartbroken. First few days I was mad at you. And after I knew I couldn't be mad at you forever I broke down. Not having the person you love in your arms is terrible. It makes you think you have no one." He took a short pause as we kept walking. "When you screamed my name by the train car. I thought it was my imagination trying to torture me. When I turned around and you jumped in my arms I had to make sure it was really you. And when I realized it was I never wanted to let you go again."