Chapter 17: From a Friend.

Whenever I type Carl's name I always end up typing Chandler on accident xp I'll tell you guys why later. But happy holidays and merry Christmas!

~~~~~~~

Almost all our energy was drained. We were exhausted. We were hungry, dehydrated. Underneath the blazing sun.

We had traveled for maybe two or three days. We'd hot wire another truck when one would run out of fuel. When we hit our third car we had to walk. We were slowly followed by a couple dozen walkers on the road. When we found a bridge Rick told Carl and I to take Judith and Gabriel across it and wait at the other end.

When the small heard caught up to them they'd push them of of the bridge one by one.

~~~~~~~

Shortly after, we stopped to rest in a small clearing. I sat with my back against Carl's. Suddenly four large dogs came from the other side of the road. There barks were loud and filled with drool. Again, suddenly, Sasha shot each dog with a bullet leaving them dead.

~~~~~~~

I ate one small piece of meat at a time as I looked at the rest cooking on the fire, still gagging at the thought of eating dog meat. At least it was something to fill me up, so I wasn't complaining.

When we were done we started walking again. I asked Rick what had happened with Gwyn. He said that when Beth stabbed an officer with scissors she tried getting in the middle of them and when the officer accidentally shot her gun the bullet went straight through Gwyn's head and into Beth's, killing them both. I tried my hardest not to cry but ended up slipping a few tears anyway. I wanted to know what happened to her so I would have continued crying clueless of the situation.

As we kept walking I started feeling dizzy and grabbed Carl's shoulder for support.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah just a little dizzy." I tell him.

Rick turned around and gave me a water bottle with about a fourth of it full. I took two sips and gave it back to him.

"Thanks."

We kept walking and I slowly started seeing something on the road as we got closer. It was water. Jugs of it. I found a piece of paper next to it that read 'From a friend' and gave it to Rick.

"In a world like this where everyone wants to kill each other, I don't think it's "from a friend"." I tell them.

Just then, we hear loud thunder from the sky and soon after rain started falling. Carl looked at me and gave a small smile before guarding Judith from the rain with his hat as he held her. I opened my mouth and let the water soak my clothes and hair. I walked around in the rain. As the thunder started getting louder and the rain started pouring harder Rick told us we had to keep moving. We got to a small barn to keep from the rain. We saw it was clear and set our stuff down.

~~~~~~~

It was pitch black outside except for the strikes of lighting. I was laying down with my head resting on Carl's chest while his back leaned on the barn wall. I had tried but I wasn't able to fall asleep. I shifted snuggling into Carl more and he placed his hand on my head.

"Can't sleep?" I hear his quiet voice.

"No."

"It's alright." He sat up and wrapped his arms around me hugging me. "I can't either."

Suddenly the barn doors started getting hit making a loud noise. When we got up we saw Daryl trying to hold it closed. Me and Carl both ran over to help him trying so hard to keep them closed from the walkers. Soon Maggie joined in then Sasha. I didn't want to yell for the others incase we make any unnecessary noises. But I didn't have to, they came just a moment after Sasha and helped holding the door. I went back and held Judith in the farthest corner from the doors.

And just when I thought it was going to keep going it stopped making everything fall silent except for the rain and thunder.