Chapter 10: The truth

I wanted to show you guys the drawing I drew of my favorite characters a few days ago. The ones I wasn't really proud of were Glenn and Maggie. And shoutout to Bella12Unicorn for all the votes and comments on both of my books. We're also close to 1k reads and 100 votes on this book and 14k reads and 1k votes on the other!!!!!! Omg guys I know I thank you guys soooooooo many times but I can't thank you enough you all are the reason my writing and inspiration for writing keeps going. Thanks!!! I also want to give a shoutout to Chandlerriggsismine6 she has some pretty fucking amazing c.g and c.r ffs that I'm obsessed with so check them out. But yeah you may read.

Where are our people!?" Rick yelled still holding a gun to the man's head.

"Well they drew on us so we had to lock them up." He said with a calm smile but it felt like he was lying. "I can assure you they aren't in any danger."

"Just tell us where they are." I tell him.

"Rick what do you want?" He asked with his hand up completely ignoring my statement.

"Where are our people?" Rick repeated.

"You didn't answer the question." Garreth said closing his hand into a fist signaling his men to fire. And that they did.

Rick turned around making the lady shoot the man Rick was holding and we started running as they shot. We ran round some corners seeing snipers on the roofs. Gwyn shot one of them in the shoulder and another head on.

"They have some pretty bad aim." Gwyn yelled over the sound of gunfire.

It was true. You would probably be able to just walk and not even get hit by a single bullet. But I didn't think they weren't trying to kill us. "They want us alive. They are aiming at our feet. Probably leading us somewhere." I yell as we run.

We turn one last corner when we get surrounded.

"Drop your weapons!" We hear Garreth yell from a rooftop.

We all exchanged glances when Garreth then yelled, "Now!" They all dropped their weapons.

"Ring leader! Go to the train car to your left!" He says gesturing to Rick.

Rick does as he's told.

"Now the archer!" Daryl walks to the train and stands behind Rick.

"Then the samurai!" Michonne does the same.

"Now the tall one!" It was obvious he was talking about Gwyn. She's like a whole foot taller than Carl.

"What about my son?! His girlfriend?!" Rick yells as Gwyn gets behind Michonne.

"The boy...Go!" Carl stood right where he was and didn't budge.

"If you don't do as told we'll kill her and you'll still get in the car anyway!" Garreth yelled.

He sent a worried look to me. He came up to me and wish his hands on my hips rushed his lips to mine. When he pulled back. I told him, "I'll be fine." And he walked over to the line that was now formed in front of the train car.

"And as for you!" Garreth started. "You'll be joining us!"

I scoffed. "I'm no-"

"Before you can refuse it's either that or we kill your friends."

I look over to them. "Why exactly do you want me?"

"You're smart. It seems you can survive in this world even without weapons."

I'm getting tired of him saying that.

"I'm not smart. And it's also not the reason why I don't have any weapons!" I yelled to him.

"Really? Then why is that?" He look confused.

"Reasons I don't want to talk about!"

He looked at me for a few seconds still holding the dumb confused expression. He then nods his head signaling one of his men and he shoots his gun. The bullet hitting only a few feet from Rick and hitting the train and making me jump. I almost yelled out but I didn't fully believe they would kill us.

"So? What's the reason?"

"None of your fucking business." I mumbled.

He signaled him again and he shot near Gwyn. Scaring me a little more.

"You're pretty tough too. Now are you going to tell us why?"

I stayed silent.

"That your boyfriend?" He asked me still as I still dont give him any answers.

"Come out kid!" Carl came from the line and stood a few feet from me.

"Hold him back!" Two of Garreth's men came out and held Carl by his arms making me flinch. Daryl, Rick, and Michonne stepped up before more of his group aimed their guns at them.

Garreth came down holding a gun.

"So I want the truth. It won't really affect me killing him if that's what you want."

"You don't have to say, (Y/N)." Carl told me.

Garreth put the end of his gun against Carl's head and it instantly brought tears to my eyes.

Garreth shrugged waiting for an answer. "No?... Alright.." He said as he pulled back the hammer and pushed the trigger slightly.

"Stop!..." I was bawling at this point. Garreth unhooked his finger from the trigger. "It's because I tried to kill myself." I blurted out in tears.

Everything fell silent. The look in Carl's eyes broke my heart even more.

"Oh for fuck's sake. That's all?" Garreth asked but I completely ignored him only seeing Carl's and everyone else's drawn back reaction as the men let go of him.

"All of you! Get in the damn train car!"

When we get in the train car I sit down and keep my head bowed down not wanting to see his expression anymore as I wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"Rick?" I hear a familiar voice say. I look up and see Glenn, Maggie, Sasha, Bob, and a few others.

My eyes widened. I honestly wasn't expecting to see them again.