Chapter II: The Awakening of Hope

Drayk and Roku sit in the quiet front room of Leon's cottage. They are sitting in opposite chairs from one another. The smell of freshly brewed tea pours into the room from the kitchen. Leon walks out with a steaming teapot which fills the room with a sweet aroma.

"So you really believe that we were chosen by Lady Parocaav?" Drayk asks still rather skeptical.

Leon stares at him, not saying a word. He pours himself a cup of tea, adding some cream and sugar. His spoon clinks against the glass mug and a smile spreads across his face. Leon takes a sip and offers the two a cup as well.

"No thank you Leon," Roku politely refuses.

Drayk just shakes his head, still waiting for Leon's answer. Leon grabs a book from under his seat. He flips it open to about half way through it. He begins to read from the book in a calm and smooth voice:

~It was a cool dark morning. The occasional gust of wind blows through the valley floating high in the clouds, making the tall grass dance around. Lady Parocaav appears from a blast of light. She looks around at the open, empty field. Not a soul in sight. Lady Parocaav walks toward the center of the field, where an alchemic circle lies carved into the ground. A puzzled look spreads across her face and you can see the confusion etched in her eyes. She tries to step away from the circle when it begins to glow red. Beams of light shoot up from the edge of the circle and Parocaav gets pulled into it.

An ominous laughter echoes throughout the valley, dark clouds begin to spiral over Parocaav's head and then all is silent. The wind completely stops blowing, and the glowing light fades away. Lady Parocaav falls to her knees, gasping for air. A cloaked figure appears in front of her. She looks past the hood and into the eyes of her captor.

"Grimm!" Lady Parocaav screams, "What do you think you're doing?!"

Grimm pulls back his hood back to reveal his skeletal face. His eye sockets glowing a bright red. He looks into Parocaav's yellow eyes and laughs.

"Time for a change! We're in charge now! With you trapped here, powerless, Kraag and I are free to bring back the Dark Lord from the prison you placed him in!" Grimm shouts out in laughter.

"You fool! Do you not realize what you're doing? You will bring chaos to the world as we know it! If Xivaac is freed, then the balance I created will be lost!"

Grimm lets out a chuckle and just looks down at Lady Parocaav. The alchemic circle sparks as he walks into it. Grimm grabs her by the hair and lifts her up. He pulls her in close to whisper into her ear, "I don't care M'lady. A new world order is long over due. With your power drained by the Dark Lord's followers, in the form of this alchemy circle, you will be helpless in keeping Xivaac sealed away. You will be only able to sit back and watch, as your precious planet and its inhabitants crumble away to nonexistence. You will watch as the Dark Lord becomes the world's primary deity, as he always should have been."

Grimm pushes Lady Parocaav back down to the ground. A vortex opens over her head, and Lady Bless falls into the entrapment as well.

"She'll keep you company here. No sense in having her loose in the world of the living," Grimm laughs.

"Lady Parocaav! Are you hurt?" Lady Bless asks.

Lady Parocaav looks up at Grimm, and in disbelief, shrugs her shoulders, "I am not physically hurt. Just feeling betrayed. Grimm has been by my side since the beginning... and knowing the fate of the world... I'll never be alright again."

Lady Parocaav lays down in the grass, facing away from Grimm. Lady Bless looks in shock as Grimm vanishes from the valley, leaving them trapped in the alchemic circle.