Chapter XII: The Connection & Re-equipped

The fire flickers in the fireplace. A calm and tranquil atmosphere is in the room. Joseff sits quietly, reading. Drayk is looking over towards where Roku had run off to. She hasn't come back yet. Feeling worried, Drayk stands up and starts walking in the direction Roku had gone. Joseff pretends like he hasn't seen anything and continues to read. He knows the Bringers of Hope have made a connection. They have had time to really get to know one another, and what's more, they are tied together by destiny.

Jogging swiftly down the rows of bookshelves, Drayk soon finds Roku staring at a row of books. He comes up behind her, placing his arms around her waist. Roku feels a sense of feeling safe and secure. She turns to face him, looking into his yellow eyes. For a brief moment, his eyes flash back to the sky blue eyes he once had.

"I came to comfort you," Drayk says softly, "I couldn't let you go through this alone."

"Thanks Drayk. That means a lot to me," Roku whispers back.

All her thoughts vanish in that moment. All her guilt, sadness, remorse, confusion, everything. The only thing she can focus on in this moment, is Drayk. She never thought she could feel so close to someone. In her youth, she read tales of love. Her heart starts to race at this thought, love. Drayk is just gazing into her eyes, but to Roku, it feels like he is looking straight into her very being.

The sound of Joseff clearing his throat echoes throughout the massive library. Drayk and Roku look away from each other, both feeling a bit bashful.

"We should get back," Drayk tells her.

"Yeah! I'm soooo hungry!!" Roku excitedly agrees.

Once they get back to the reading area, Joseff greets them with a smile. Using his hand, he gestures that they sit down. Drayk and Roku comply and join him once again around the coffee table. A big smile grows on Roku's face, the tears all dry and wiped away. There is still a hint of sadness showing in her eyes however. Looking over at Drayk, she gets a gut feeling that everything will be ok. He will never allow true harm to come to her.

Drayk notices Roku looking at him. He turns to look at her. The dim light dances on her face as he gazes into her eyes. The way she looks at him makes him feel something he just cannot describe. It is a warm feeling and his stomach is all tingly.

"Your connection runs deep," Joseff finally says.

"Yes it is. I feel closer to Drayk than I have anyone else," Roku smiles, "Even more so than Crito."

Drayk blushes a little at her words then tells her, "I can say the same thing."

"You are lucky to have such a connection. Something that no normal mortal will ever feel," Joseff speaks softly, "Your ties to one another will run into the very souls of your being."

"I already feel that way Joseff," Roku jokes.

"You'll know what I mean another day," Joseff laughs, "What you're feeling is.... don't worry about it. You will know eventually anyway."

Roku looks at Joseff with confusion written all over her face. She's not sure what he is trying to say, but she can't let that bother her. Their journey is not over yet, far from it actually. Next, is to find Lady Yarr.

"Where can we find Lady Yarr?" Drayk asks, "I don't suppose she is an Oro citizen?"

"No, she is not. Lady Yarr lives across the world I'm afraid. She lives in Fire Country. Yarr is a Fire Mage you see," Joseff explains, "She is also the high priestess there though."

"Fire Country is now all Elite soil Joseff," Drayk says with worry in his voice.

"That's why you must see the town's blacksmith before you go. He will make you weapons and armor," Joseff smiles real big, trying to lighten the mood, "It won't be easy. You may even find something dear to you there Drayk. Your mother is from the Fire Clan after all."