Chapter XI: The Prophecy

Drayk and Roku step out the portal, now back in the mountainous terrain. Joseff is lying face down in the dirt, injured. Roku looks down at him as she kneels close. A green light flashes in her hands, then Joseff does as well. He rolls over onto his back and sits up.

"That little punk got me good before y'all got carried away," Joseff speaks softly, "What happened to them?"

"We'll explain another time Joseff," Roku says with a smile, "Let's get you back to Oro."

"Agreed," Joseff laughs.

Roku glances over at the remains of Crito. His bones singed totally black. An outline of his body is imprinted into the ground. Tears form in her eyes. Now that the rage has subsided, her heart aches. Seeing the look on Roku's face, Drayk walks over and holds her in his arms for comfort. She drives her face into his left shoulder and starts to cry. Her master is gone. Her only family in this world. Joseff looks away, trying not to get mixed into this. Even he knows she needs to grieve for a moment.

Drayk whispers into Roku's ear, "Let's give Crito a proper burial. Don't worry about us needing to be in a hurry. The only thing that matters is that we respect Crito for raising you as his own kin. He was your family Roku. There is nothing more important than family."

Roku looks up into Drayk's eyes, hers still filled with tears. Her face lights up with a smile and she kisses Drayk on the cheek.

"Ok," Roku agrees with sadness in her tone.

An hour later~

Joseff stands amongst the Bringers in silence with Crito's remains now buried beneath the soft dirt. The symbol of Lady Parocaav and the crest of the Wind Mage have been carved into the headstone they made. 'In loving memory of Hermit Monk, Master Crito. A beloved guardian and master of the winds.' These words are inscribed just below the symbols. Joseff bows his head just after Drayk and Roku does. Tears come rushing out of her eyes when Joseff begins speaking. She can't make out his words, but she knows it is respectful.

Once back to Oro~

The gates of Oro slam shut behind the group. Joseff looks around with a sense of happiness, it always feels good to be home. Drayk discards his sheath into a waste bin since he had sacrificed his father's weapon during the fight with the Delt Triplets. There is no need for it any longer. Roku too had sacrificed one of her twin blades, it was infused into Shye-An's metal prison.

"Let's go see Lady Quintly," Joseff says to the Bringers of Hope.

Drayk and Roku nod in agreement and walk towards the palace. The palace doors are already open, a sign that they are being welcomed back. The Wind Mage Clan has always been very caring people for those of their own, and to outsiders that are important to them. It is an honor to Drayk and Roku to be so accepted by this community. They know it is mostly for the return of Joseff, but they still feel welcome here.

Once inside the throne room, they see Lady Quintly and her husband sitting in their thrones. The underling of Joseff is not present this time around. Blake gives them a warm smile as they approach the throne. He is still dressed in his Resistance uniform, not a stitch of royal clothing on him. Roku would never have guessed he is the king of Wind Country. To her though, this does shows he is a ruler that loves his country so much that he would put his own life on the line for it.

"Welcome back Joseff," Lady Quintly speaks at last, "I see the Bringers of Hope were successful in finding you."

"Yes M'lady. I would have been killed by the Troublesome Trio if it wasn't for them," Joseff says as he bows before his queen.

"There was no doubt in my mind about that!" Blake jumps in.

"Quite. I would expect nothing less from the heroes chosen by Lady Parocaav. I know you have much to discuss with Joseff, Bringers," Lady Quintly smiles, "I do not wish to occupy anymore of time. It is much more valuable elsewhere."