Chapter XIV: Synn

Time may sit still itself within the Labyrinth of Time, but it does not stop the aging process of mortals. Sammi has spent the last four years down here, desperately searching for the silver tiara that once belonged to Lady Bless. Bahemyth told her no matter how long she takes, only a few seconds will have passed outside the Labyrinth of Time. The fact that her body has aged four years leaves her questioning if time really has stood still outside this realm. This labyrinth goes on and on with no sign of this tiara.

Sammi passes by a reflective pool of water. She looks into it to look at herself. Her face seems so much different to her now. A face that more resembles that of her mother's is looking back at her. Twenty years of age and she looks so much like the woman she has only seen pictures of. Trying not to think about that anymore she presses deeper into the Labyrinth of Time.

"You aren't getting discouraged are you child?" Bahemyth's voice echoes all around.

"Not at all.... well sort of," Sammi replies.

"You'll find it."

Sammi decides that standing around, talking, won't get her any closer to her goal, she must press on. Her Fire Magic has grown in strength here. Monsters of all shapes and sizes live within this realm. They seem to only be here to slow her progress. She knows it's more than that though. The point of this to prove her worth to Father Time. This power she will obtain will help her see her brother again. She is already much stronger than she was before she entered. Mastering Fire Magic has come to her along the way. She has become forced to learn these few years. Memories of watching Drayk practice his magic helped her utilize the power she had within her.

A roar calls out from up ahead. This roar sounds familiar to Sammi, realizing she was about to fight the same monster that keeps beating her yet again. It has given her nothing but trouble since she arrived. Up ahead, a shadow appears on the wall. The outline of a beast she had only read about until recently. The mythical chimera. A beast with the head and torso of a lion, the bottom half of a horse, a tail which has the head of a mighty serpent and wings of a bat on its back. A creature that is from the imagination of Hell. It can breath fire, make earthquakes and destroys everything in its path. The chimera was banished to this realm by Lady Parocaav thousands of years ago and it has become quite the pet to Bahemyth.

"Chimera! We meet again!" Sammi yells.

The chimera shows itself to her from the shadows. Its eyes glowing bright red and blood dripping from its mouth. The serpent head hisses at the sight of the Fire Mage. The beast lets out a roar that shakes the labyrinth. Sammi knows she can't hold back. The last few encounters have ended in her barely escaping with her life. It's been months since the last time she has laid her eyes on this monster. Her magic has grown a great deal since then.

Sammi spins her right arm out front of her. Fire spirals, following the path of her hand. The flames shoot towards the chimera, still in a spiral motion. The beast opens its mouth and shoots green fire through it. The fires explode on impact with one another, sending a shockwave through the corridors. This beast will not win this time Sammi tells herself. She raises both arms from her side's upward. As she does, molten rock shoots up from under the chimera's feet.

The chimera flies up into the air with one flap of its giant wings. Sammi shoots beams of fire up at it with a determined look on her face. The beast swiftly dodges the fire and lets out another ear shattering roar. It uses its wings to create a strong blast of wind, pushing Sammi to the ground. The creature swoops down at her and strikes the ground, just inches away from her. The ground tears open in a quake. Sammi grabs a hold of the lion's mane as it takes off back into the air.

The serpent snaps it jaw at Sammi, trying to get her to let go. She kicks the serpent in the face when it gets too close to her. Still rising up, the Labyrinth of Time begins to look smaller and smaller. A bright silver reflects off an object a few hundred yards away. It must be the tiara. Sammi ignites her hands, which burns at the mane. The lion's head roars out in pain and Sammi lets go. She shoots fire from her palms at the chimera, catching its fur on fire. The force of the flame pushes her in the direction of the glistening object below.