Chapter XXIII: Checkmate, Return of the Fallen

There is a silence amongst the Bringers of Hope and Lord Xivaac. The Dark Lord is just looking at them with a crooked smile on his face. Drayk is trying to prevent his rage from making him do anything hastefully. This is the moment he has been waiting for all this time. The chance to end his reign of tyranny once and for all. Roku on the other hand, is rather unsure of anything. Her mind is completely scrambled and she doesn't know what to feel. She only reminds herself of Master Leon. This quest was so important to him. In the depths of her heart, Roku knows she cannot let him down.

Xivaac finally speaks, breaking the silence, "You have played well, Bringers of Hope. Unfortunately for you however, your time has come to an end. Your delusion of this noble path will come crashing down."

"You're wrong Xivaac!" Roku shouts, "You won't win! We won't let you hurt this planet anymore!"

"You two really know nothing, do you?" Xivaac laughs, "Just ask Lady Samantha, or did you kill her too?"

"Enough you bastard!" Drayk roars, "Prepare yourself!"

Drayk draws out the Sword of Light from its sheath. The light of it shines bright, lighting up the whole room intensely for a brief moment. The sword glows as Xivaac's eyes widen. The sword he thought was lost with Lady Parocaav is now before him, against him once more. He stretches his arm muscles and laughs with a deep tone.

"Even with the sword, killing you both will only be a good warm up. You have no idea what you're up against kids," Xivaac says with a smile.

Xivaac stands with his body slightly twisted away from them, but his arms are held firm at mid torso. He closes his eyes and his body ignites into black flames. His eyes open as he turns his head to look straight into Roku's eyes. Her heart sinks. She has been stricken with fear, but it feels different than that. It's almost as if the very aura of the Dark Lord is such a pure darkness that it leaves her feeling uneasy. Roku readies herself for a strike while drawing the twins. Xivaac vanishes in a puff of black smoke. Just as Xivaac returns to attack her, Drayk jumps in to block him.

"You'll have to do better than that!" Drayk yells.

"You want something else, yeah?" Xivaac laughs, "Suit yourself Bringer."

Xivaac stands tall and pops his neck to one side. He slowly lifts his head back up while closing his eyes. A black sphere of pure dark energy explodes out in all directions with incredible speed. The entire castle crumbles from the blast and the Bringers of Hope are slammed down all the way to ground by the darkness. Once they hit, the darkness electrocutes them and explodes into flames. Xivaac comes floating down stopping several feet above the crater they are in. Drayk can feel pain in every part of his body, but he has not lost his grip on the blade made of light.

Roku quickly heals them both and jumps to her feet. She rushes towards him, slicing rapidly with her blades. Xivaac only uses one pointer finger to block all of her slashes. She has never seen anyone move as fast as him. He uses his other hand to punch her in the stomach. The wind is knocked out of her and she drops to her knees, gasping for air. Then, the Dark Lord elbows her in the back, dropping her to the ground.

"Foolish girl," Xivaac tells her, looking down at her, "No mortal weapon can harm me. You are dealing with a true god, child."

"Screw.... you," Roku manages to say as she heals her wounds again.

Drayk runs in to defend her from another strike, just as Xivaac shoots a ball of dark energy at her. He isn't quick enough, and Roku is struck, leaving her unconscious. It explodes on impact with her and sends her rolling several feet. Drayk swings the Sword of Light at the Dark Lord, slashing him across his chest. The cut glows bright and instantly scars his flesh. Black blood drips down to the ground. Xivaac returns the ground, covering his wound. His hand glows and the bleeding stops.