Chapter IV: The Realm Within

Roku still stands there in complete awe, she cannot believe what she just witnessed. This gateway had opened up for Drayk, and he doesn't even know how he did it. What book was he talking about? Maybe it's just a sign that he really was chosen by Lady Parocaav like herself. Roku looks over at Drayk, a feeling she cannot explain entrances her for a moment until Leon starts talking once again.

"I will not be going into The Hidden Meadow with the two of you. I will wait for you here," Leon tells them, "Before you ask why I will tell you. If there is no one here on this side to prevent the entrance from closing... you two would be stuck in that realm for the rest of eternity."

"Alright Leon. We won't be long, I promise," Roku assures him.

"You'll understand why you must go at all once you're there. Drayk. I'm sure you already have a hunch," Leon says.

Drayk simply nods while walking towards the descending stairs. He reaches out for Roku's hand. Her face flushes red a little as she takes his hand in hers. Leon watches them as they disappear into the gateway. Once they reach the bottom of the stairs, they cannot believe their eyes. The Hidden Meadow appears to go on and on, farther than the eye can see. It is a vast and grand valley. There are no trees, only tall grass. There are no bugs, birds or any sign of life whatsoever. Roku marvels at the sheer size of this never-ending meadow of grass.

"We must find the Ultimate Magic Roku," Drayk explains.

"Ultimate Magic?" Roku asks with a puzzled look on her face.

"It was referred to as Cosmos Magic and even the Goddess Magic in some ancient texts."

"You don't mean?!"

"That's right. The very power of Lady Parocaav herself. I'm sure Leon believes we will able to receive it, as well as wield it since we are the chosen Bringers of Hope."

"Where do we start looking?"

Without answering her, Drayk starts to walk away from the stairs, Roku quickly follows. She knows they can't get separated very easily in a place as open as this, but she doesn't want to get too far away either. As soon as they get several yards away from the stairs they came down, it disappears without a sound. Suddenly, dark clouds cover the skies and a strong wind picks up. Thunder crashes! Meteors start falling from the heavens like rain.

"Look out!" Roku exclaims.

She raises up both arms and spins them around rapidly above her. A vortex of wind whips around in a spherical shape. The falling rocks burst and explode on impact with Roku's magic. The ground beneath their feet shakes in a massive earthquake. This force throws Roku and Drayk into the tall grass. As soon as her hands hit the ground, her wind barrier vanishes.

"What's happening?!" Roku shouts.

"A test of our skills I believe," Drayk says as calmly as possible, "This realm was bestowed as gift for the creation of alchemy."

With that thought on his mind, Drayk quickly scribbles an alchemic circle into the dirt. It glows a bright reddish orange and walls of earth shoot up all around them. As soon as it covers them, it solidifies into a shiny metallic substance. The falling meteors break apart on contact, and this metal absorbs the earthquake.

"I'm so glad you know alchemy Drayk!" Roku shouts.

The sound of meteor strikes begin to cease and the ground stops quaking. Drayk taps the side of the metal wall and it crumbles. The skies are still grey, but the wind has stopped. They both slowly and carefully get up on their feet. Cautiously, they look around. Waiting. The skies begin to clear and turn back to a bright blue.