Chapter IX: Oro, City of Wind

Finally, a large city is on the horizon. Oro, City of Wind, and capital of Wind Country. It's massive wall is blocking the view of most of the city. Giant skyscraper buildings stand tall above the world. This is the most secured Resistance place of residence. It is surprising that so many people remain. Most of the population are mostly average people however, many who barely even know any magic. Oro is still the location of the Resistance headquarters and even home to several high ranking Rogue Officers. Thousands of Rogue Soldiers call this place home. Millions of citizens, most of them Wind Mages, all Resistance.

Drayk and Roku are getting so close now that they can smell fresh baking bread being carried in the wind. Food. They have been using magic to stay alive, but it doesn't take the growl in the stomach away. The last meal they had eaten was back in Oasis nearly a week ago. Hunger at this point is an understatement.

"How come I have a feeling that Joseff will be difficult to track down?" Roku asks.

"Oh he won't be. When you serve in the Resistance.... Let's just keep it simple," Drayk replies sounding confident, "He won't be."

"I'll trust you Drayk," Roku says with a smile, "I never even dreamed such a city existed."

"You spent way too much time on that mountain Roku."

"Oh shush it."

Roku sticks her tongue out at Drayk and he just laughs at her. A little smile still remains on his face. She is like no one he has ever encountered before. He keeps finding himself thinking about her, butterflies fluster in his stomach when he does. Whenever he ends up thinking about Roku, his mind turns to Sammi. She would have loved Roku because they are so similar in many ways.

Oro was once a very peaceful and open-minded city. Over the recent years the citizens have become more aggressive towards outsiders. The Bringers of Hope have a double advantage of gaining their trust however. Roku was raised by Crito, master of wind and Drayk is an active Rogue Soldier in the Resistance.

The city gates are huge in size. One could push a small house through once the gates are opened. To left of the entrance is a small window with iron bars. A man dressed in a black gi sits inside. Drayk and Roku walk up to him and notice the crest of Wind on the chest of his uniform.

"State your business with Oro outsiders!" The guard shouts.

"My name is Lieutenant Drayk T. Kirkwood of the Resistance. This is my accomplice and friend, Roku, sixth student of Master Crito," Drayk states trying to sound official.

"We are the Bringers of Hope!" Roku smiles, "We come in peace!"

The look on the guards face goes pale. Turning his head he shouts to the other guards in the back. They can be seen standing at the doorway behind the guard. He gets up out of his seat to go talk to them. The guard explains to them what he has just heard. After a moment he comes back to the window and stares into their eyes.

"You may enter. Joseff has told of your coming," the guards tells them, "Please hurry to see him, Oro is in grave danger."

Drayk nods politely to the guard and then starts walking towards the opening gate. Roku bows at the man behind the window and quickly follows behind Drayk. The gate opens just enough for them to enter, then slams closed behind them. Once inside, Drayk and Roku marvel at the beauty of this city. Oro's buildings are all made out of white marble with golden metallic trim. The towering skyscrapers seem even bigger now that they are standing within the city walls.

The streets are bustling with busy Orians going about their days. A different man wearing guardsmen garbs walks up to where they stand. He is an older man, maybe in his late fifties, and he wears commander bars on his shoulders. He stands at attention before them.