Chapter III: Secrets of the Forest

Out in a barren wasteland, stands a castle made of stone. It rises high above the world, up into the clouds. The ultimate fortress. Impenetrable. Ever lasting. The middle tower reigns over the rest of the structure. A light from the only window flicks on. A cloaked figure with its hood up walks into the room, stopping in the center. A pale white man with jet black hair and solid black eyes looks up at the figure. The cloaked one bows before the pale man before speaking.

"Lord Xivaac, I am still unable to locate the two spoken of in Bless's prophecy," the figure speaks with a deep voice, and a hint of regret.

"Tsk tsk Grimm. You are the seeker of death, the reaper of souls," Xivaac laughs sarcastically, his voice very deep in tone, "How can you not locate them?"

Grimm pulls back his hood to reveal his skeletal face to the Dark Lord. His eye sockets are hollow and blank.

"Forgive me my Lord. I have reason to believe that Leon may have them," Grimm begins, "I could sense his presence briefly a while ag-"

"LEON IS STILL ALIVE!?" Xivaac interrupts quite infuriated, "I thought he would become mortal and perish when that witch Parocaav fell."

"His immortality runs deeper than Lady Parocaav. He is a master of all Magics and of Alchemy Sire."

"Indeed."

Xivaac stands up from his chair and walks over to the window. Peering out into the world he chuckles maniacally. His laughter carries all throughout the wasteland. His followers look up towards the mighty castle. Xivaac's laughter draws forth storm clouds and it starts to pour ice cold rain.

"Find Bahemyth" Xivaac commands, "He is the only one that can enter the realm of the Forgotten Forest."

"Yes my Lord. I will seek the Wizard out," Grimm says obediently as he walks out of the room.

Later that day, on the other side of the planet ~

A small building, no bigger than a shack hidden away in a canyon sits quietly. Grimm follows the trail to the wooden door. His boney hand knocks on the door loudly. The sound of locks unlocking can be heard on the other side of the door and it slowly opens. Before Grimm stands a man that looks ancient. He has a long grey beard that reaches the floor and the hair on his head is almost just as long. In his left hand, the old man holds a wooden staff with an hourglass at the top of it.

"It's been some time Reaper. What brings you to my lair?" The old man asks.

"I have been ordered here by Lord Xivaac. He is in need of your services Bahemyth," Grimm answers without hesitation.

"Please, come in."

Bahemyth moves out of the way to let Grimm through. He closes the door as Grimm enters. Inside the shack is an empty room with a spiral staircase leading down into the earth. They walk down the stairs leading to a massive labyrinth beneath the surface. Grimm doesn't say a word to the old man until they reach Bahemyth's chambers.

"Lord Xivaac needs access to the Forgotten Forest," Grimm says outright.

Bahemyth lets out a laugh, "What business does that old coot have with that realm?"

"We have reason to believe Leon is keeping the Bringers of Hope there. The Dark Lord does not want Leon training them. He feels threatened by the prophecy."

Bahemyth laughs so loud it echoes throughout the entire labyrinth. He walks over to a dusty old black felt chair and sits down. Looking up at Grimm with a smug look on his face, he laughs once more.

"He should be. I have seen them personally. Drayk Kirkwood unleashed a hellbound lightning storm on some Elite Soldiers in the village his was residing in. . Annihilated them all without breaking a sweat," Bahemyth tells him, "once trained, he and the girl will have immense power. Far greater than you or the Dark Lord cannot imagine. I know the course of time you know, they will be great Ragnarok Mages."