Chapter VII: Incarcerated

Roku groans in pain, her muscles still recovering from earlier. Stone brick walls and iron bars are the first things she sees when opening her eyes. Roku tries to bring her hands over to her face so she can rub her eyes, but she cannot. Her arms are latched into place by iron plates over her wrists. She can't even move her fingers. They are folded into the palm of her hands and a brown leather bag holds it closed tight. Drayk appears to be the same. Both of them are crucified to a cell wall, their feet aren't even touching the ground. Suspended above the jail floor, they are helpless.

"Drayk.... Drayk wake up," Roku coughs with pain in her voice.

She doesn't have enough strength and is in way too much pain to speak any louder.

"Drayk!" Roku tries her best to be loud.

It appears to have worked. Drayk yawns and opens his eyes. He looks over at Roku and sees she is bound to wall. Then it dawns on him that he is in the same boat. He finds himself unable to move his arms or fingers. There is no way to use magic or alchemy.

Roku looks down her body to discover she is no longer in her clothes. She is wearing what appears to be hemp bags made into a poor excuse for clothing. Drayk is dressed the same. His forehead is covered in dirt from where he hit the ground. Where are their clothes and weapons? A better question remains: Where in the world are they?

"Are you hurt?" Drayk asks in a sore tone.

"Just extremely sore from that entrapment spell Karleigh was holding me in. Otherwise, peachy," Roku replies in a painful whisper, trying her best to smile.

"Where the Hell are we?"

"I have no clue.... I'm not even sure why we were spared. I couldn't move and she was toying with you."

"Maybe it's because she didn't see us as a threat to her or Xivaac and decided to spare our lives?"

The sound of a metal door slamming echoes loudly through the jail. Footsteps getting louder and louder. Clinking of keys on a ring jingle right before a cloaked figure shows up. Its face cannot be seen under the hood, it is shrouded in darkness. A mumble comes from the person, sounds male. The cloak is black in color and has long thin silver chains wrapped around his torso forming an 'X'. The man even wears black gloves with silver spikes rising from the knuckles.

"I am Sota," the man says in a crackly deep voice, "In case you've never heard of me, I-"

"You're the Mysterious General. You assisted Kraag in creating the Elite Forces," Drayk interrupts, "You are infamous where I come from, a sick and twisted murderer."

"Is that what you've heard, have ya?" Sota bellows, "I do have that sort of reputation I suppose. You slaughter a few dozen towns singlehandedly and you get labeled as a twisted murderer. No respect I tell ya."

"You like to watch life leave the body when it dies!" Drayk shouts.

Sota rushes over to Drayk, placing his left hand over his mouth. With his right, he punches Drayk in the ribcage. The spikes on Sota's glove draw blood. The blood drips down Drayk's side and he screams out in pain.

"Now now Bringer of Hope. Watch your mouth with me. I don't want to have to make you bleed to death so soon," Sota whispers into Drayk's left ear.

Grunting in pain, Drayk attempts to speak. His side is hurting too much, and is feeling a little winded. Sota turns to face Roku and walks towards her. Staring into her yellow eyes he smiles. He reaches up and runs his fingers though her mangled red hair.

"Such lovely hair my dear. I would save it forever if I were permitted to take it from you. I unfortunately am unable to do so per the Mistress of Evil's command," Sota chuckles with a sinister laugh, "I'll just have to wait till she finishes you. The Mistress of Evil won't devour your hair!"