Chapter XXII: The Sword of Light

"Sammi?!" Drayk exclaims, "What the hell happened to you?!"

"I have accepted my fate dear brother," Sammi replies with a stern look, "and it's Lady Samantha now."

"What did that bastard do to you?" Drayk asks.

"Lord Xivaac allowed me to seek out such great power Bringers. Power I never knew existed," Lady Samantha smirks.

"The Sammi I know would never be tempted with power," Drayk sighs, "Xivaac is playing with your head."

"It was my choice from the beginning. Even long before I got to speak with the Dark Lord," Lady Samantha laughs.

"I don't believe that!" Drayk yells.

"It's true Drayk," Roku says before Lady Samantha can speak again.

"What?" Drayk asks as he turns to face her.

"Remember when I mentioned hearing her mention you in the winds?" Roku asks, but continues before Drayk can reply to her, "Well.... I heard a little more than I told you. I did hear her say that she would accept whatever Xivaac would offer to her.... if it meant her being able to see you."

"And now I've seen you," Lady Samantha tells him.

No more words are spoken before Lady Samantha attacks. Molten rock shoots up from the ground in a ring that circles around all three of them. The Fire Mage crests on her robe glows a bright red, as does her eyes. Lava lifts Lady Samantha up off the ground just as her body is encased with a blood red aura. A ball of fire appears over their heads and flashes in a bright light, disappearing. What's left above them, is the chimera that Lady Samantha had slain in the Labyrinth of Time. The beast roars out, shooting green fire into the sky.

"Sammi...." Drayk says under his breath.

The chimera flaps its wings, spraying fire towards Roku. She quickly covers herself in a veil of ice to protect herself. Just a second later, the chimera bursts through the ice and slashes at Roku, tearing her clothing. She draws the remaining twin that was crafted by Crito and stabs it into the beasts shoulder. It roars in pain and leaps into the air. Once the chimera is about ten feet above her, it shoots green fireballs in a scatter at her. Roku uses her blade to slice through them. The eyes of the beast light up with an orange glow. Cracking is heard under Roku's feet. As soon as she jumps, lava shoots up from the ground.

"Be careful Roku!" Drayk calls out to her.

"Shut up Drayk," Lady Samantha snarls.

The ring of fire starts to shrink inwards while closing at the top. Roku and the chimera bolt through the opening just as it closes. The dome of flames continues to shrink as Lady Samantha strikes at Drayk with flaming fists. She lands a hit directly on Drayk's right cheek, burning it. He is thrown off his balance, but quickly regains it.

"Don't make me hurt you Sammi!" Drayk yells at her.

"Please. I doubt that very much dear brother," Lady Samantha laughs, "You don't understand the power you're up against."

"Neither do you," Drayk states with a stern tone.

Knowing that his sister is lost in the darkness, he will not hold back. The only way to bring her back is to best her in a fight, hopefully. He knows she won't reason with him otherwise. His body glows in a blue and white aura as he makes meteors come crashing through the fiery dome. One meteor nearly hits Lady Samantha, but she is able to escape its path. As soon as her guard is lowered, the dome dissipates.

"So it's true. The Ultimate Magic. This should be fun," Lady Samantha teases.

This is too much for him to find any words to speak. His heart aches for his sister, yet rages towards the God of Darkness. Drayk raises his arms above his head and an ice storm cloud comes in above Lady Samantha. Sharpened hail stones fall from the cloud, slicing through her as she jumps out from underneath it. A bolt of lightning shoots out, striking Lady Samantha. The shock shoots her to the ground. She looks up at him with rage in her black eyes.