thin walls ; l.h.

REWRITTEN

Through the paper thin walls of your flat you recently learned that the cute, blond-headed guy who lived next to you was in some sort of band.

You often heard him playing random songs on a guitar, or singing some song you assumed he'd written. Sometimes there were other voices as well, one dark-haired, tan boy you knew you'd seen in the halls a few times and maybe a couple others.

One day you ended up in the elevator with him and you mindlessly began humming a song you'd heard a lot of lately, which was actually really good. All of a sudden you heard a gasp next to you and a "Is that my song?"

Embarrassed, you turned to him, "Oh, sorry, I've been hearing you working on it lately through the walls and I really, really like it. You have a beautiful voice. You're in a band right?"

"Oh, um, yeah, I am. And thank you, but I don't think we're good enough for anyone to be singing our songs." he mumbled.

"Well I think you're amazing. If you ever want a second opinion I'm always right next door." you said as you gave him a soft smile.

"Umm, maybe. I don't really like playing in front of other people yet..." he said shyly.

"That's okay. Another time, yeah?" you offered, not trying to make him more uncomfortable than he already seemed.

"Um, well, may-maybe I can take you out? Get to know you. Yanno, sometime...if you want." your neighbor asked as a blush spread across his cheeks.

"That sounds lovely." you said, giggling at his nervous demeanor.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Luke," the blond boy rushed out as the elevator dinged that you had made it down.

"Hi Luke, I'm Y/N," you said, smiling. You wrote down your number real quick, told him to call you, and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before you exited the elevator, leaving a stunned, but smiling Luke behind.