irony ; l.h.

"Are you really thinking about buying your own album?" you asked the tall, blond boy you recognized as none other than Luke Hemmings from 5sos.

You were currently at Target, not really looking for anything in particular, which is how you ended up flipping through the cds that were currently on display.

This is where you had found Luke. At first you weren't really sure it was him, but after seeing him search for the 5sos stack, practically pick up a copy of each different cd, then look around nervously to make sure no one was watching, you were positive it was him.

He stumbled, obviously surprised that there was someone else in that particular aisle, dropping his handful of cds he'd stacked up.

You giggled, setting your selected cds on the ground as you helped him pick up his own, recognizing a few of your favorites.

You handed them to him, looking up to see him already looking down at you. You smiled, making him blush almost immediately.

"You have a really great music taste. But I'm not surprised," you shrugged, grinning as you handed him the stack.

"Uhm, th-thanks. And, um, to answer your question, yes, I am considering buying my own album." Luke giggled, his cheeks still a bright pink.

"Couldn't you just, sing it? Or something? I'm sure you have the tracks yourself, why waste the money on buying something you have 24/7 access to?" you shrugged, raising an eyebrow.

"I dunno. I guess buying it feels like an award or an accomplishment of some sort. Uhm-I'm guessing you're a fan or something? Would you like a picture or an autograph or whatever? Honestly it's the least I could do for you helping my clumsy ass." he chuckled, trying to fit all the cds in one hand, causing them to fall again.

"Shit!" Luke groaned, bending down once again to collect the cds.

"You're going to break them before you even get them out of the store!" you giggled, bending over as you continued to laugh at the boy.

"It's not funny," he pouted, standing up with all the albums clutched in his arms.

"It kind of is. Here, hold on." you giggled, leaving him there, but returning moments later with a basket.

"Put them in this. Oh, and by the way, you aren't clumsy. In your defense, I did kind of scare you, so it was pretty much my fault." you shrugged, helping him place them in the basket.

"Thank you. And yeah, I'm pretty clumsy actually." he shrugged, laughing a little at his own words. He started walking away, motioning for you to follow him.

"Everyone is sometimes. You can't blame yourself for that." you offered, shuffling through your own stack of cds you'd grabbed.

"Ooh, State Champs? Nice taste. What's your favorite song?" Luke asked, still walking with you through the store.

"Uhm, probably the acoustic version of Easy Enough, I'd say." you responded, turning down the candy aisle in search of your favorite snack.

"If I may ask, why are you following me? I'm sure you have somewhere better to be." you muttered, looking up to him for an answer.

"Uh, well. I'm not sure. You intrigue me. I mean usually when fans see me out or something they scream and freak out and yell things at me, but you started a casual conversation with me like I was somebody you've known for years. I guess there aren't many people who treat me like that anymore." he admitted, scratching the back of his head as his cheeks turned pink yet again.