odd places ; c.h.

Calum's POV

After a long and stressful day, all I wanted was to come home to my beautiful girlfriend and take a long, much need nap. Ash and I walked in the door and I immediately yelled for Y/N with no response. She had to be here somewhere, her car was in the garage and her wallet was still on the counter.

"Y/N? Babe?" I yelled, searching in all the rooms downstairs before heading upstairs, with no avail. I started to get worried until I heard a yelp from downstairs followed by a "Calum!" from Ashton.

I rushed downstairs to a laughing Ashton, who, once he saw me, pulled back one of the couch cushions to reveal a sleeping Y/N curled up under one of her fuzzy blankets.

I shook my head, silently laughing as I took a quick picture then moved to wake her up. "Y/N, honey, wake up," I chuckled, shaking her lightly.

"I'm sleeping go away," she mumbled stretching her blanket over her head.

"Well, do you wanna come upstairs and sleep with me? Maybe in our bed, like a normal person?"

She groaned, rolling across the couch and dodging Ash as she pulled her blanket around herself and began heading towards the stairs. "Stop judging where I choose to sleep," she grumbled, flipping us off.

We both laughed, and no sooner had I began up the stairs had she yelled my name, causing me to rush up the stairs and into my room, where Y/N was already half asleep.

I got out of my day clothes and into pajama pants, then curled up next to Y/N. She immediately buried herself into my chest and I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"Babe?" I whispered in her ear, kissing the top of her head.

"What, Cal?" she yawned, her eyelids fluttering.

"Why the hell were you sleeping behind the couch cushions?" I asked, laughing more as she rolled her eyes.

"Because I felt like it, ok? I'll sleep wherever I damn near please, thank you." she groaned, turning away from me.

"No, baby, come back. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make fun of you, I promise," I mumbled as I turned and pulled her against me, kissing all over her shoulder and cheek.

"Yeah, sure, whatever," she laughed, turning back around in my arms. "Just let me continue my nap and all is forgiven."

"Sounds good to me," I grinned, kissing her head once more as we both drifted off to sleep.