you play his instrument ; l.h.

Luke-His POV
(piano) *changed*

I walked in to mine and Y/N's house after a long day to the sound of a piano being played, very beautifully if I might add. I was slightly confused, because as far as I knew I was the only one in the house who knew how to play.

On my way to investigate, a beautiful voice, no doubt belonging to Y/N, began singing, and I recognized it as one of her favorite songs.

" I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me..."

"This all or nothing really got a way of  driving me crazy..."

I rounded the corner into the living room to see Y/N at the piano, her back towards me. She kept on, her beautiful voice echoing through the house, her completely oblivious to the fact that I was there.

"She just keeps surprising me' I thought to myself, watching as her fingers flew across the keys. Petunia sat right next to her, her head rested on her paws as she watched Y/N play. It was a wonder she hadn't heard me come in either.

"Now the day bleeds into nightfall
And you're not here to get me through it all
I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved"

I stayed put in the doorway, leaning my head against the frame as I watched and listened to her continue to play. It was obvious she'd been playing for a while, her skill level and comfortableness with the piano itself was far too high for someone who just started playing.

Suddenly it was over, and I opened my eyes, which had shut at some point, to see Y/N looking down at Petunia, a small smile spread across her face.

"Did ya like that one, Piggy?" she giggled, scratching lightly behind Petunia's ears.

"I quite enjoyed it," I spoke up, figuring now was the time to let her know I was home. She jumped a bit, startled at my presence, while Petunia jumped up and ran towards me.

"Goddammit, Luke," she uttered, running her hands through her hair as she stood. "How many times have I told you to quit sneaking up on me?!" she added, shaking her head as she came towards me.

"I didn't wanna interrupt," I shrugged, laughing a little as she rolled her eyes, stretching towards me to give me my welcome home kiss.

"You're the worst," she mumbled against my lips, kissing me again before walking away. I followed her into the kitchen, where I pulled her back to my chest and wrapped my arms around her tight, kissing along her neck.

"But you love me,"

"Sometimes," she laughed, pulling away once again as she headed to the fridge, pulling out 2 bottles of water, tossing one to me before jumping to sit on the counter.

"So," I started, placing myself between her legs, "you can play the piano AND you can sing?"

"So I can, Lukey Lu. But you knew I could sing," she pointed out, one of her hands pushing my hair out of my face.

"Not like that!" I retorted, which was very true. I never knew she could sing in the various ranges presented to me earlier.

"It's not this major talent or anything. I just play for Petunia every day, she loves it." she shrugged, lightly laughing at me. It was kinda annoying that she was putting herself down like that. Her ability was crazy impressive.

"Well why haven't you played for me every day, you're so good, baby," I pouted, leaning myself into her.

"Well I don't know. I just didn't want to tell you and then the fans find out somehow and start to think I was trying to get a career in music or anything out of dating you," she explained, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"So you could've been helping me this whole time, but no, you just sat your pretty ass there and kept this secret." I whined into her neck.

"I'm going to actually murder you in your sleep," she laughed, flicking my neck. I whined again, pulling away and rubbing my neck.

"You deserved it," she grinned, pulling on my shirt until I was close enough for her to lay her head on my chest.

"Hey, Y/N?" I asked after a few minutes.

"Yes, darling?"

"Can you play me another song?" I pouted as I gave her my best puppy dog eyes. She laughed at my attempt to persuade her, finally giving in with a "sure, babe. As long as you sing with me."

"Gladly,"