you're sick ; l.h.

You were sick. Like puking every 5 seconds and having to carry a trashcan under your arm everywhere you went sick.

Since your band had gotten pretty famous lately, you'd been out almost every. single. day. Whether it was interviews or meet and greets, you were doing something in every city you were in.

But the one day you actually had off, you got sick. Great. Just what I needed. Bloodshot eyes and gross breath. You thought. Oh well, at least I can get some much needed sleep. You thought as you drifted off.

----2hours later----

You were woken by the sound of your phome
blowing up, your ringer pinging every few seconds.

"Mmmff," you groaned into your pillow. "Shut upppppppp!"

*PING*

"God!" You moaned as you leapt up out of the bed to find your phone.

What a bad idea that was. The sudden movement caused you to heave and before you knew it you were throwing up in one of the many trash cans sporadically placed around your hotel room.

After you'd cleaned yourself up you set out to find your phone among the jumble of blankets on the bed. You picked it up to find that all the pinging had come from the group chat between the 5sos boys and your band.

As you scrolled through them you found that Ash had wanted your band and his to all do something together on your day off. Fantastic, you thought. Everyone but you had agreed, but because you were sick there was no way in hell you were going.

There was also no way in hell you'd tell them you were sick, though. None of the guys had ever seen you this sick. Even your boyfriend of almost a year, Luke.

And you planned to keep it that way. Why? See, when you were sick, you really weren't the best person to get along with. You were grouchy and moody and very bitchy.

So going out in public or even letting people see you when you were sick and vulnerable, looking like utter shit, and acting bitchy all the time probably wasn't a very good idea at the moment. It also meant the guys couldn't see you like this. You texted back,

'sorry guys. I'm so tired and I just wanna relax on my day off. Have a guys night and do whatever you want :) xxx '

Luke immediately replied like you knew he would, 'are you ok, babe? Want me to come over with food and cuddles?' 

While Ashton replied, 'sounds great! Feel better love :)' 

And Michael, 'luke you sissy she said she wanted to relax and she's giving us a free pass to go hang out without her. LEAVE HER BE'

You laughed at that. You replied to all saying how you'd be fine by yourself and that Mikey was right. You knew Luke would be pouty, but you didn't want anyone around you, especially being like this.

You forced down some more crackers you'd bought and sipped on a Sprite, hoping to calm your jumping stomach before laying back down.

As soon as you did though, there was a knock at your door. "Coming!" you croaked out. Cracking open the door you found Luke there with a box of pizza.

"Luke!" You said wide-eyed. "What are you doing here! I thought you went out with the boys!"

"Honestly I didn't wanna go out on my day off either, so I decided to surprise my girl!" He said cheerfully.

"That's sweet but-" All of a sudden the smell of garlic and grease from the pizza hit your nose, and it was enough to send you straight to the bathroom.

"Y/N???" Luke called out, sounding very worried. "Fuck!" You managed out before heaving into the toilet.

"Oh my god, you're sick! How come you didn't tell us?" Luke said as he held your hair back while you continued to empty the contents of your stomach.

"Well, this is pretty disgusting and it's not like I look the best right now, Luke. Plus I can take care of myself. I don't need 7 other people to fuss over me. I just have the stomach bug or something. I'll be fine." You sighed as you slouched against the cool tile of the bathroom floor.

"Like hell you will," Luke mumbled. "You shouldn't be by yourself when you're sick. How long has this been going on?"

"Just since this morning. I can't eat anything, even though I need to. I managed some Sprite and crackers, but I just threw that up I guess. Please, just go. I can take care of myself. I really don't want you to see me like this, or get yourself sick." You said as you hoisted yourself up against the tub.

"Do you honestly think I care what the fuck you look like right now? I mean even sick you're still breathtaking, but I wouldn't care if you were ugly when you were sick. I love you and because I love you, I'm gonna stay here and take care of my baby." Luke said as he gently wiped your face with a cool washcloth.

"Have I ever told you I loved you?" You said in amazement. Here is this amazing boy whom you would go to the ends of the earth for, and as it turns out, he would do the same for you.

"A few times..." he grinned as he picked you up and carried you to the bed where he proceeded to place you under mounds of blankets.

"Luke, baby...." you choked out.

"Yes?" He asked attentively.

"I'm burning up."

"Oh! I'm sorry!" He said as he shoved the blankets to the floor. He then crawled on the bed and tried to lay behind you, but you stopped him, turning to him and curling into his side.

"Do you need anything?" Luke said asked, running his fingers through your hair, knowing you fell asleep easier when he did that.

"I need you. That's what I need. Just you." You hummed as you snuggled further into his chest.

He relaxed as you started playing with the hem of his shirt. "Of course. I'm always gonna be here." He said with a soft smile.

After a few minutes of silence, you spoke, "Hey, Lukey?" "Yes?" He whispered, half asleep himself.

"Thank you. For being here. And I'm sorry for trying to push you away. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you." You admitted.

"I'd do anything for you, you know that right? I don't care what you look like." Luke chuckled softly.

"Yeah, I know. I love you." You mumbled back.

"I love you more. Now sleep. You need rest." He said as he kissed your temple. You hummed in content and proceeded to drift off in Luke's arms.