anniversary ; a.i.

Ashton's POV

"So Ash, today is yours and Y/N's two year, what are you gonna do?" Luke asked, raising his eyebrows at me in a seductive manner.

"I was thinking a fancy dinner and then maybe a walk through the park? I know she loves the Christmas lights they have out about now." I shrugged, still running it over in my head. I wanted this to be special. I mean, we've been together for two years now, she deserves something nice.

"Eh, I don't know, mate. She's not really the fancy type. You know she'd love it just as much if you two spent the night in and got takeout." Luke suggested.

He knew her much better than me, as him and Y/N had been best friends since birth, but I also knew her romantic side and figured a nice dinner would suit her fancy just a bit better.

"Yeah, but we did this last year and she loved it." I shrugged, trying to get him to see my point.

"Yes, but she also complained about her feet hurting from the shoes she wore for two days after. Trust me, Ash. She loves you more than anything in the world. As long as she's with you, she couldn't care less what the hell you two do."

I then felt arms around my waist and a kiss being pressed between my shoulder blades. "He's right, babe. Honestly, I don't wanna go out. I'd much rather stay in and cuddle with you than get all dressed up for an expensive dinner that'll last an hour at most. Plus I'm kinda craving some takeout, so I wouldn't object to that."

I turned in my seat to see the most beautiful girl in the world. Even with her hair a tangled mess and sleepy eyes, she still took my breath away, even after two years. I pulled her to me, pressing my lips against hers. She fell into me, kissing me back with just as much passion until she pulled away, a smile on her face.

"Well Happy Anniversary to you too, Ashy." she said, kissing me once more before moving towards her best friend.

"Hey, Lukey. I haven't seen you in like 6 years." she sighed dramatically, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

"You saw me yesterday, babe." he chuckled, hugging her back.

"Yeah, but that was sooo long ago." she said, giggling.

"Hey! I thought today was about me and you not you and my best mate." I pouted, pretending to be mad.

"Sorry, baby, but me and Luke have been together longer than me and you. You know what they say: bros before hoes." she shrugged, resting her arm on Luke's shoulder.

"Y/N!" Luke said, now dying with laughter at his best friends words.

"You're so mean to me!" I huffed, turning away from the two across from me.

"I'm gonna leave, now. You two need to talk about your plans anyways. Bye Y/N, bye Ash." Luke said, still laughing as he walked out the door.

Y/N's POV

You walked up beside Ash, sitting sideways in his lap so he'd have to look at you. "You know I was kidding right?" you muttered, running your fingers through the ends of his hair, laying your head on his shoulder.

"Well, of course. Just playing my part." he said back, giggling a bit before kissing your cheek as if to reassure you.

"Just checking. But we do need to meet in the middle of these plans. I don't really wanna go out." you said bluntly, looking into his eyes for any kind of definace.

"Well, I really do." He shrugged, looking right back at you with a 'try me' stare.

"C'mon, please Ashy? I don't wanna go out. I just wanna stay in and cuddle with my boyfriend and eat some takeout and watch a bunch of stupid movies and not have to get dressed up and be warm because it's cold outside and please? I just wanna stay in with you. " you whined, burying your face in his neck, slumping against him.

"You don't even wanna go see the lights?" he muttered into your ear, trying to persuade you.

"Of course I wanna see the lights. I always do. But we can still go see the lights and not have to do anything fancy or anything. Why spend a lot of at an expensive restaurant when you can spend like 30 on takeout? We can go see the lights at the park, go pickup some food, then come back home and cuddle. How bout that?" you suggested, giving him a pleading look.

"Fine, I guess." Ashton sighed, wrapping his arms around you.

"Yay! Thank you, baby." you grinned, kissing him softly.

"I don't know why you're surprised, we always do what you want anyways." He smiled back, once pulling from your kiss.

"Yeah, I know. And I always thank you in return." you smirked, knowing he knew perfectly well what you meant.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." he shrugged, trying to act innocent.

"Uh-huh. Well, if you'll carry me to the bedroom, I might be able to show you." you smirked once again, already nipping at Ashton's neck.

"You don't have to tell me twice." he muttered before lifting you into his arms and rushing towards your room.