stay ; c.h.

You hurriedly knocked on the Hood's door, praying somebody was awake, even if somehow Calum was home and answered the door. You knew he didn't like you very much, but you just needed to get away from the hellhole that was your house.

The door finally opened, Joy peeking out behind it. As soon as she saw your tear stricken face, she pulled you inside, wrapping her arms tightly around you.

"Again?" she asked you softly. You nodded into her shoulder, tears still falling as you held tight to her.

"Oh, honey. Let's get you some tea and then we'll talk, alright?" she muttered softly, leading you to the kitchen.

"Joy? Who is it?" You heard David ask from somewhere in the living room. He came into the kitchen seconds later, his face changing into one of understanding as he saw your hunched figure.

"They're fighting again? Oh, love, I'm so sorry." he said softly, coming towards you and wrapping you up in a hug. He kissed the top of your head, then made his way to Joy where he kissed her goodnight and made his way back to bed. It wasn't that he didn't care about your problems, he just knew you preferred speaking to Joy over him.

They had always been like second parents to you. You and Calum were best friends when you were younger, and even though he had stopped being your friend right before high school, that didn't stop you from talking to his mum and dad when your parents would start fighting late at night.

Your parents' marriage had been on the rocks for years, and lately it had been getting worse. They would fight really late when they believed you were fast asleep, but they always woke you up, their room being right across from yours. You were forced to listen to every word, not being able to fall back asleep.

This resulted in you being a crying mess and you almost always ended up in the Hood's kitchen and sometimes sleeping in their guest room. Since Calum had joined 5sos and he was gone all the time, things were never awkward when you slept over and you never had to worry about running into him.

Joy handed you your tea, sliding in the seat across from you. "You wanna tell me what happened?" she asked softly, knowing you were still on the edge.

"I think my mum cheated on my dad. And I think he found out. My dad was yelling something about their vows and about being faithful. I'm not sure. I just know I don't want to go back to that house, Joy. I can't. It's tearing me apart.

"They think this doesn't affect me, but it does. And the worst part? They don't even know. They don't pay enough attention to me to even bother to ask about my day anymore. All it is is a note saying, 'working late, here's some cash for food. love you.' " you shrugged, slowly sipping on your tea.

"Y/N, I want to help you. I want to help you so much. But honey, I don't know how. And I'm so sorry." Joy whispered, close to tears.

"Joy, you've done so much for me already. You let me talk to you late at night like this, you let me sleep over when I can't go back over there. This feels more like my home than my actual one, honestly." you told her, grabbing her warm hands with your shaking ones.

She smiled, lifting your hands to press a kiss to them. "Y/N, you know I'll always be here. Even though my son was an idiot, and for some reason I'm not even sure of stopped being your friend, you will always have a place here."

"Thank you, Joy. Thank you so much," you muttered, as tears began falling again. You reached over to hug her, pulling back to see she also had tears in her eyes.

"Let me go get the bedding for the guest room and I'll be right back. Finish up that tea, dear."

Calum's POV