acne ; l.h.

(the luke I'm thinking of for this is in the pic up top)

His POV

As I made my way to the living room I could hear Y/N on speakerphone with what sounded like her best friend. I stopped at the corner to eavesdrop as soon as I heard my name mentioned, my curiosity peaking.

"Why would I photoshop the picture?" I heard Y/N ask. I had no idea what picture she was talking about, but I'm sure it was one that'd been taken recently.

"Uh, because? Luke's acne is super noticeable. It makes you guys look bad." Y/F said, making my stomach drop. I'd been super insecure about my breakouts lately and knowing it was noticeable made it even worse.

"So? I don't care about his stupid acne. You act like we don't get it either." Y/N scoffed, making me smile a little.

"You should. You're in the public eye now with Luke being in the band and all. Everybody is scrutinizing every little detail about you. Including his acne."

"Yeah, well that's literally their fucking job. It's not mine. My job is to love Luke no matter what he looks like, and personally, I think he looks good, even with acne. So don't come for me about what I should be doing with my own boyfriend and the pictures we take. Thanks." she shot back, obviously annoyed.

I leaned around and corner, seeing her tap the screen and literally throw it across the room onto the chair. I shook my head, smiling as the overwhelming feeling of love coming from Y/N's words took over me.

Too busy focused on my own thoughts, I hadn't realized Y/N had moved from the couch until she was right in front of me and pulling on my shirt.

I blushed, knowing she'd caught me, as I moved around the corner I was hiding behind. She giggled, wrapping her arms around my torso and resting her head on my chest.

"I love you," she whispered, hugging me tighter.

"I love you too," I mumbled, wrapping my own arms around her. She pulled away, my arms slipping down to her waist as her hands moved to hold the sides of my face.

"You know I think you're perfect right? We're human, still teenagers at that. I don't expect you to look like a model or any of that. I love you for everything you come with, including some stupid fucking acne that literally everybody has," she grinned, rolling her eyes.

I laughed, leaning down to press a small kiss to her lips. "Thank you," I muttered as I pulled away.

"For?"

"Being an amazing person. I don't know what'd I'd do without you." I smiled, kissing her once more.

"Look, I'm not having someone hack on my boyfriend because he has acne. Shit, I think you look hot with it, what does it matter to her what you look like? You aren't hers," she rambled, getting flustered as she remembered the conversation.

"Baby, calm down," I soothed, running my hands down her sides as I grabbed both her hands in mine.

"Sorry," she said sheepishly, bringing my hand up to kiss it as she dropped my hands and ran her hands under my shirt and around to my back, hugging me tightly.

I kissed her forehead, reveling in the moment. After a minute or so of hugging, she spoke into my chest, "wanna go take a nap?"

I laughed, pulling away from her warmth. "It's like 11:30 in the morning,"

"So? I'm sleepy and I wanna cuddle. I'll end up falling asleep on you wherever we end up, so I'd prefer to already be on the bed when I do that."

She was 100% right. Plus, it's not like we were doing anything today anyway. "Alright, fine. C'mon, sleepy head." I laughed, playfully rolling my eyes.

"Awh, baby, you do love me." she giggled, following behind me towards the bedroom.

"Of course I love you, how could I not?" I asked incredulously as we got under the covers.

"I don't know, have you met me?"

I laid on my pillow, her plopping down next to me as her hand immediately moved to my hair, running it through her fingers.

"But seriously, babe, I love you so much. Everything about you is lovable, and yes I have met you. You're perfect." I uttered, kissing her exposed wrist.

"Whatever," she mumbled, lightly smiling as she looked away, suddenly so interested in my hair.

"Have I ever lied to you?" I asked, staring at her.

"God, I hope not," she smiled, finally looking at me as she grabbed my hand and it pulled it to her cheek, where she rested it against our intertwined hands.

"I haven't, and I won't. I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Luke. Your stupid acne and all."