neighbors ; c.h.

"Hey, Y/N! Wait up!" you heard a voice yell from behind you. You turned to see your neighbor, and friend, Calum running up to you.

"Hey there. What's goin' on, darlin'?" you asked, side hugging the tall boy.

"Nothing much. Same old, same old. What's up with you? You look like you just woke up." he chuckled, a small smile spreading across your face as he said this.

"Nah, I wish. I'm just super tired. It's been a long day. I'm going out to get something to eat right now. I really don't feel like cooking." you responded, yawning just right after.

"Well, how about this? I was actually doing the same thing, so how about we go together and you can rant to me about your shitty day, yeah?" he asked, raising his eyebrows as he wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

"How do you know it was shitty? I just said it was long." you teased, looking into his dark eyes.

"You're seriously trying to tell me your day wasn't shit? Let's be real here, Y/N." he sighed, looking at you expectantly.

"Fine. It was pretty crap. And as long as you drive, I'll take you up on that offer." you grinned, running up to the passenger side of his vehicle.

"I was going to anyways, but whatever." he giggled, unlocking the vehicle and jumping in.

"Where do you wanna go? Somewhere fast? Somewhere we can sit? You choose." he asked, starting the vehicle as he did so.

"I honestly don't care, Cal. Just take me somewhere." you giggled, slumping your tired body against the window.

"Alright then." he muttered, pulling the vehicle out of the drive and towards town. What only seemed like 5 minutes later, you woke to Calum shaking you gently saying, "Love, wake up. We're here."

"Holy shit, I'm so tired." you groaned, while Calum simply laughed at you for falling asleep almost immediately.

"Let's go eat, babe. The sooner we get in, the sooner you get to sleep." You got out and saw that Calum had brought you to one of the nicer restaurants in town. It wasn't expensive, it was just a nice place.

"Alright, I'm gonna go use the restroom, I'll be right back. Order me water if they come by." Calum whispered across the booth, heading towards the opposite side of the restaurant.

Now, the place you were in also had a bar, and if you came in late enough, like you and Calum did, you might see a few creepy guys roaming around. You weren't scared of them, not even when one randomly came up to your table, sat right beside you, and slung his arm over your shoulder.

"Hey, baby. Whaddaya doin all alone?" he slurred in your ear, making you shudder. You grabbed his arm, pulling it off of you and twisting it, just as your brother had taught you.

"Ooh, you like it rough. That's ok, honey. I can work with that." he spat, looking at you with hazed eyes. Oh god, Calum. Please hurry.

You twisted the man's arm harder, making him groan in pain. "I'm gonna give you five seconds to get the fuck away from me before I break your arm." you hissed. Where were the people? You weren't expecting it to be crowded, but there had to be someone who was seeing this.

"You won't. You don't have the guts." he spat once again.

"Yeah, but I do." you heard Calum say. You looked up to see his jaw clenched and his hands fisted together.

"And who are you? Her boyfriend?" he said mockingly, his eyes turning dark.

"Yeah, he is as a matter of fact. You can walk away now, and you're fine. If you don't, I won't stop him from smashing your fucking face in." you told the man, twisting his arm more. You didn't notice, but when you titled Calum as your boyfriend, his eyes went bigger than saucers, and a blush formed across his face.