brother's best friend (1) ; c.h.

Part 1

"Y/N!" you heard someone calling from downstairs. It could only be your brother, who you'd thought would be out for a while.

"WHAT?!" you screeched, throwing open your door as you stood at the top of your stairs, looking down at him.

"Okay, stop yelling, I'm right here. And I have food for you, come down,"

"Aww, you bought me food??" you cooed, pressing your hands to your chest dramatically. Your brother just responded with an eye roll and a flip of the bird before walking off.

You laughed, running into your room to grab your phone before rushing down the stairs.

"Where's my damn food!" you yelled in the direction of the kitchen. "Also why are you back? I thought you went out?"

"Language, Y/N, jeez. And I did. But then I came back." you brother smirked, popping up in the kitchen doorway with a bag from your favorite restaurant. You set it on the counter, heading towards the fridge for a drink.

"Hey, Y/N," you heard from across the room. You nodded, muttering a 'wassup' before opening the fridge, assuming it was one of your brother's friends.

It only took about 2 seconds before you recognized the voice, slammed the fridge shut, and quickly turned around.

"Oh my god, Calum!" You yelled in surprise, running across the room and leaping into the smiling boy's arms.

"Took you long enough," He laughed, hugging you close to him. You buried your head into his neck, breathing him in. It'd been too long without him, and definitely too long without his warm hugs.

You pulled back, your hands on his chest. "Are you real? Like I'm not dead or something and imagining this?" you spewed out, making him smile as he shook his head.

"Nope, it's me, babe." Calum uttered, wrapping his arms around your shoulders as yours clung tightly to his waist.

"How've you been?" he asked, finally pulling away and looking at you.

"How've I been?! How've you been? How was tour? How did it feel to have thousands of girls throwing themselves at you all the time?" you asked, laughing.

"I would say it was great, but none of them were you so..." He said cheekily, winking at you as a blush formed on your cheeks.

"Would you like some crackers with that cheese?" You smirked, giggling at the boy in front of you.

"Only if I get to eat them with you." He grinned, making you roll your eyes and smack his chest.

"Calum, that was so bad."

"I have to agree, Cal. That was the worst pick up line ever." Said a deep voice. You look over to see 3 unfamiliar faces standing in your kitchen.

"Hi!" you grinned, pulling away from Calum and making your way towards them. "I'm Y/N."

"Oh trust me. We know. Calum doesn't shut up about you." Said the boy to your left. You turned to him, noticing he had bright red hair.

"Oh my god! I love your hair!" You shrieked, your eyes widening at the sight of it. "I've always wanted mine red."

"Thanks," he laughed, running a hand through it. "I'm Michael, by the way."