Chapter 15

(Lottie's POV)

While Leah and I were talking we heard the front door open. We looked at each other and she looks worried. She told me her dad doesn't come home until late at night from work so it can't be her dad and it can't be any of the boys because they don't have a key and my key is on me, because I have it as a necklace, and she locked the door right before we went upstairs. Right when I was about to whisper something to Leah she shushed me and mouthed " Stay here!" I just nodded back and watched her walk quietly out the door, trying not to make any noise's with it. Oh gosh this is really scary and I'm kind of scared so I go into her closet and hide in there just in case.

After a few minutes I hear a high pitch scream! No it's Leah! Is she hurt? Are they going to kidnap her? All these questions running through my head, and scared as you could think of. "Daddy!" I hear Leah scream again! Then a wave of relief just hits me! I thought she was hurt or something. It was just her dad! Wait why would he be home so early? 

I get up and go out of her room and walk down the stairs. Why would she get a big house if it's just them two? "Leah?" I call out. "In the kitchen!" She shouts back at me. So I walk straight in the kitchen and see Leah smiling really big with this really tall guy which scares me because of his height. He looks like he is 6 feet 5 inches maybe even taller. I put a smile on my face and and took my hand out while saying, "Hello Mr. McGill, I'm Charlotte it's nice to meet you!"  He took my hand and shook it and a smile appeared on his face. He doesn't seem so bad he looks like a nice guy now! "Well hello Charlotte it's an honor to meet you," he says to me, "Leah has told me a little bit about you! And don't worry only good things!" Well that's a good thing! 

"So dad why are you home really early?" Leah ask the question I was having in my head all along. 

"Well, first I didn't quit my job if that was in your mind, I told them that I barely get to see you and take the rest of the day off and I'm back to work tomorrow morning! I just miss you Leah it's been a while since we been together as a family since mom...," you could really see the sadness in his eyes when he mentioned her and Leah was just trying not to think about her. She must have been a really good mother to Le and a great wife to Mr. McGill, "So I just wanted to hang out with you if that's okay and have a nice dinner to night. Does that sound good?"

"Actually that sounds just great!" Leah replied with a beaming smile on her face! That has been the biggest smile I have ever seen from her since she moved here! 

"I should get going so you two can have a great time together!" I said and walked to the front door slowly and exiting.

(Leah's POV)

When Lottie made that awkward exit I hugged my dad again! It's really great to see him again. The only way I get to talk to him sometimes is by leaving him a text on his phone or writing him a paper and leaving it on his bed for him to read. My dad is a really hard worker and I still don't know what he does but, I won't ask him because I know he won't tell me ever and sometimes it gets him mad but I don't want to ruin the night. 

"So what do you want to do dad since you are here?" I ask looking up at him. Yeah I got my height from my mother because she was not so tall and my dad he is just really tall! Like no lie he is over 6 feet and i'm only 5' 2" . 

"We can go out and walk around and maybe shop for some stuff, then after that we can go to a nice dinner, how about that?"

"Well that sounds fantastic," I told my dad and we were about to leave until I remember I didn't change my shirt yet, "uh, dad I will be right back I got to do something!" 

"Okay I will be in my car!" He called out. I need to ask my dad if I can get a car I'm old enough to drive, I'm almost 19! I did have a few driving lessons back in America but, it might be different here so I might have to go back to school starting from the beginning!