~ 5 ~

''38.. 39.. 40. Coming!'' Harry yelled out from the living room hearing Louis' following squeak and chuckled, placing his hands on his thighs to push himself up. His green eyes were sparkling in slight amusement while he made his way up to his and Louis' room.

Louis wasn't hard to find. He was constantly giggling or rustling around, so when Harry opened the door to his office with a harsh swallow there was another quiet laugh coming from underneath his desk.

''Hello there.. I would say I .. found you!'' He knelt down in front of the desk, the position allowing him to peek underneath it where he indeed found a small Louis looking at him wide eyed.

''you're too good at hide and seek..,'' Louis muttered and pouted softly. He used to play these games earlier with his parents, too. But it seems like he grew bad at hide and seek over the past years. He didn't play it with anyone else than Ni.

And he would always let him win.

''Boo, you just have to be quiet..your hiding places are good'' Harry hummed, voice deep and low as he helped Louis to crawl out from underneath his working desk, ''this here is my office, as you may have noticed already.''

He forgot to lock his door. He didn't want Louis to rummage through his things and find something.. Harry wouldn't like Louis to find out.

Everyone had their secrets and so did Harry.

But he never wanted to be reminded of this again.

A deep sigh left his lips, ''This here is the only door that shall be closed at any time, okay? Here are rather important things for my work..'' Harry mumbled and felt a sudden fog ghost through his eyes until it was gone again.

He broadened his shoulders and smiled down at the younger boy, ''my turn now?''

Louis nodded eagerly before he frowned.

''I don't really know the house though..'' He said quietly and looked down, kinda feeling scolded. But he did not know he wasn't allowed to walk in this room!

''I'm sorry.. '' Louis exhaled shakily, his chest feeling tight suddenly. ''Are you going to send me away, now?'' The smaller boy whimpered softly, tugging on the hem of his shirt and on Harry's heart,too.

He closed his eyes, wishing he could show his adopted teenage boy that he never wanted to give him back ever again. But after what Doctor Phillip said, it would only throw him back in his progress.

Louis was trembling, lip quivering slightly as he looked up at Harry. He has been so nice to him , gave him a room and toys and a library that he could use. He even made a grave for his parents! And Louis didn't behave.

''Louis. This is your home now, too. What's mine, is yours. I won't ever give you back until you want to leave me.. Promise me you won't ever doubt me giving you away'', Harry offered the little boy a smile, opening his arms gently for a hug.

Louis snuggled against Harry the next second, getting embraced by strong muscular arms and it made him weak. Louis was so small against his body, so tiny.

''Shall I search for you again?'', Harry's front teeth sunk down into his lower lip as his eyes met the tiny boy's one who lit up a little again.

''Yes.. thanks.'' He sniffled, wiping his eyes off with his sleeve covered wrists that made him look even younger.

''up you go then..'' Harry hummed, ruffling the boy's hair until he blushed and turned around to run off, leaving a counting Harry behind him.

Louis ran down the hallway, down the stairs and into the kitchen where he hid behind the counter, biting down on his lower lip. Would Harry stick to his promise and keep the younger boy?