~ 18 ~

A/n:
Hello, how is everyone??
School starts for me tomorrow again.. Not yay. So my updates are going to be a little slower. Thanks anyway though for commenting and reading so much, it means a lot ! I hope you like the chapter, we're getting to know a bit more about Niall's past!

"What?" Harry whispered out, utterly shocked while he stood in the doorframe, gym bag in his hand. His mind worked slow, processing the things around him after a hard workout where he just punched and didn't think.

He blinked and squinted his eyes against the darkness, catching a small bundle sitting in the corner. Louis. "Fuck," Harry whispered out, dropping the bag down and hurrying over to Louis with a pained face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think about it I-" Harry frowned as Louis whimpered and withdrew from his closeness, "b-but you promised.." Louis whispered ever so quietly, blinking against the tears as he brought his blotchy red face up to the curly lad.

"I know, shit, I know.." Harry closed his eyes and inhaled deeply before he sat down and bit down on his lip. He thought Louis was in his little space. Yet, he wasn't. Maybe on the verge.. But he didn't slip. Harry looked up to Louis carefully and moved a little.

"I'm having a kind of crisis.." Harry admitted quietly, watching Louis blink innocently and sniffle. "C-crisis?" He asked slowly and scooted a little closer to the adult.

"Yeah.. Even though you're not my son, I guess it's just hard to, you know, let you go. I enjoyed the time we spent here.. Alone", Harry said slowly and looked down. He felt pathetic.

Harry's face contorted in pain at the following silence but he didn't expect Louis to tilt his chin up slowly, "I liked it, too." He whispered quietly and scooted even closer to Harry, sniffling lightly.

"I like you l-lots Harry and I'm glad that you brought me into your life, I wouldn't want t-to miss it." Louis said quietly, nuzzling into the older man's neck as Harry froze.

"I'm sorry for breaking my promise. I swear it won't happen again.. I was so stupid, Lou. I should've at least left you a note", Harry bit down on his lip before he wrapped an arm around the trembling boy, pulling him further against him.

"Somethings just not right with me, I suppose," Louis shrugged sadly, "I have panic attacks very often.. S-sometimes everything is just coming b-back." Louis closed his eyes painfully causing Harry's belly to drop with guilt.

"You're not wrong, Louis. Only right.. It's understandable.." Harry murmured in Louis' hair, his eyes fluttering as he inhaled the sweetness of him, "it won't happen again. And if it does then.. Call me. You're allowed to kick my butt when I come home then, deal?" He chuckled and ruffled Louis' hair gently who laughed. Louis was just glad that Harry was back.

"Deal.." He nodded softly and swallowed.

"Would you think it would be weird if I.." Louis blushed before he shook his head slowly, "oh never mind." Harry raised an eyebrow, "would be weird if..?"

"I just don't want to sleep alone.. I have terrible nightmares sometimes," Louis' hand fist in Harry's shirt, "would you think it's weird if I wanna sleep in your bed?"

Harry exhaled slowly and closed his eyes for a second, "you have already, Lou." He muttered and ran his fingers through Louis' hair. "It's not weird, no. A lot of people need comfort and you shouldn't be ashamed of that.. Ever. Do you understand?" Now it was Harry's turn to tip Louis' chin up causing him to look up at Harry.

"Yes.. Thanks Harry. For being here.. Well now," Louis quirked a smile, "it means a lot that someone is willingly keeping me." He leaned his head against Harry's chest and closed his eyes slowly. Exhaustion fell down on him heavily.