~ 25 ~

Niall slammed the door shut by reflex, his beating heart overwhelming his senses. His mother. Mother? Could he even call Jay his mother anymore? .. Why was she standing in front of their house. Maybe she was only something he made up. Maybe Niall's mind went crazy.

"Bloody cunt," he spoke, running a hand through his hair in frustration, tugging on the dark roots for a second until he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Y-you mean a w-woman's p-period, N-Ni?" Louis giggled shyly, his cheeks flushing adorably as he looked up at the blonde man. Why was he so pale. And who was that woman outside?

"Y-you look like you've seen a g-ghost!" Louis gasped and pouted lightly, titling his head to the side. He didn't understand! Who was that out there?

Louis tried to peak past Niall who still didn't get a word out. Jay.. Something was ringing in his head, hurting him and he didn't want that feeling to over come him but it eventually did. Louis whimpered, shaking his head as tears pricked his eyes. "N-no, n-no mommy, no brother, n-no!" Louis pulled the door open roughly, blinking with sad eyes at his mother.

"Y-you've left us, stop hurting!!" Louis exclaimed angrily, lower lip wobbling before he turned to look up at Niall whose blue eyes were filled with pure hate and anger, something Louis has never seen in him before. He didn't think it was possible that Niall would be this angry.. Until now.

"What..", he spat out and licked along his teeth, "do ye want."

Niall slowly wrapping an arm around Louis, pulling him back against his side. His mind couldn't process the fact, yet. That they were brothers. But he knew that he needed to protect Louis.

"Niall, please, listen to me." Jay begged, eyes open wide as she stared at Niall with orbs that were just like his. Niall was disgusted by it.

"Do you think it's fair?" Niall whispered and tilted his head to the side, swallowing harshly. "To let them take me, to let me live with them. I grew up alone, with no one and nearly died before I got a grip in my life. I am good without you, mom." Niall spat out angrily and shook his head, a frustrated laughter leaving his lips.

"I'm good without you.." He repeated, much quieter and looked down, his chest heaving and falling quickly. "It's not fair that you've decided to show up and not ask me if I want you back in my life," Niall gulped and looked up to his mother again.

Louis was silent the whole time. He didn't really understand.

"W-what?" He said quietly and sniffled, "my m-mommy is yours?" Louis swallowed heavily, feeling like he was going to faint. He wished he could pass out in Harry's arms where everything was okay, where everything was going to be good.

He was facing reality now.

Facing the fact that he had a brother, that his mommy was alive, that she stood right in front of him again. He wasn't prepared. It wasn't fair.

"You know I," Louis started quietly, "I've waited for you for ten years.. I spent ten years alone," he said quietly and smiled weakly. "Sometimes it's just too late.." Louis looked down.

"Louis, I couldn't return! They'd find me, they'd find you! I-I went to the adoption house in hope of finding one of you two.. They led me to this house. Mr Styles adopted you, yes. God I'm so happy you're alive and well," Jay closed her eyes hard, wrapping her arms around both boys embracing them in her warmth. But they remained frozen.

"You just don't have anywhere else to go anymore," Niall mumbled and teared himself off the woman giving her a small nod though. "You can come in. But not for long since Louis and I have plans." The blonde lad peaked down at Louis in disbelief. It was too obvious that he couldn't see it before. But Louis' eyes were just like his. There was a bond between them, something that made the other feel home.