Chapter 13: The jade shattered jewelry

--Max's Pov--

"Where the hell is it?" I murmured for myself as I searched in my jeans pockets. I was again in Jaime's room and I had basically made a mess out of it. I had thrown all my clothes I had brought from Phoenix on the dark floor. I scratched frustrated my hair as I walked back and forth thinking of where I had put that jewelry. After the murder incident Jaime and I had pretty much spent the rest of the day in the café and we had been talked about why someone had murdered Natasha. Jaime had been pretty serious in the beginning but later he had just babbled about our parents being a part of some evil corporation. I had just ignored him until I had remembered the jewelry I had found not long ago. So that's how we had again 'switched' places. I rubbed my fingers at my temples. Where could it be? And then I just wanted to punch myself for being such a idiot. I walked toward Jaime's wardrobe where I had hid my brown bag and I turned it upside down. The piece of jewelry fell out on the ground and I sighted relieved. I picked it up and looked at it. I had just ripped out my clothes from my bag with not thinking of the possibility of the jewelry falling out of my jeans pocket. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jaime.

"What's up bro?" I heard an identical voice to mine say.

"Yeah, I managed to find it." I said studying the small pieces of Jade. 

"Well, that's great. But no luck for me thought. I ran the numbers throw your computer and I didn't find anything according to our parents." 

"What did you find then?" I asked. He sighted.

"Only some old building in New Mexico but it's nothing." Jaime said.

"You sure the building doesn't mean anything?" I asked Jaime.

"Hey, if you want to drag your ass across the country for nothing then off you go." Jaime said with a undertone of sarcasm.

"I'm just asking." I defended myself.

"Yeah right." Jaime said cheeky.

"If you could examine the jewelry it would be great, Max."

"Well, I already did that at home and I found a photo what I think is of us two when we were eight months." I opened the small piece of jewelry and saw two kids on some shore. 

"If you could send a photo it would be great." Jaime said impatiently. I sighted and took out the small photo. In the jewelry behind the photo two initials were engraved. J.F. 

"Wait. There is more." I said as I took a photo of the initials. 

"What?" Jaime asked more and more impatiently. 

"There are initials engraved in the jewelry, J.F. Does it say anything to you?" I asked him as I hit the send button. There was a silence on the other end but it only lasted ten seconds.

"No. But I kind of recognize it." Jaime started but I interrupted him.

"We wont get any further if you 'recognize it'. You need to remember it." I said frustrated.

"Hey, why are you so mad?" Jaime suddenly asked.

"What?"

"You can't be mad at me, you were the one that suggested to switch places." Jaime said and I covered my face with my other hand.

"No. Or yeah, kind of. But the point is that this guy is coming over for dinner." I said breathing heavily out.

"This guy? What guy?" Jaime asked.

"Just an assistant for some company I made commercial for..." I started and I heard Jaime growl.

"Commercial? You did a commercial without asking me?" Jaime practically yelled so I had to remove the phone from my ear.