Chapter 3: Reopening old wounds

Three days later...

I stared hopeless at the computer screen. It had been three whole days since I had sent that message. Why didn't he just answer? I figured he would be at least a bit curious.  But, if you thought about it. It sounded just... crazy. I mean, who the hell would believe they had a twin after 17 years just by receiving a Facebook message? I shaked my head and stared at the ceiling. I exhaled as I stared at the screen again. And then, I finally received an answer. I quickly clicked at the message button and read the message. 

Hello there, Max. I'm sorry that I havn't accepted you as my friend, but as you see I already have over 2000 friends. So instead I just replied you. I have to admit, your photo shop skills are really great. I nearly believed you! But you can't imagine how many people are playing this kind of tricks on me! I'm pretty tired of it. But I hope replying to you would satisfy you! 

sincerely, Jaime Phills.

I just stared at the message. Unbelievable. He really thought I was kidding. What should I do? I walked to the bathroom. I starred at myself in the mirror. What should I do next? I asked myself over and over again. I wandered with my gaze around the bathroom. A toilet, a small shower and a sink with different decorations covered the sink. Some was just random origami birds I had recently made. Other was just some jewelry my mom had left behind her. I hadn't dare to throw them away. One reason was because I deep in my heart still thought that my mom would return and get mad if I had thrown it away the other reason was that the jewelry was all I had left of my mom. It was actually   pretty sad. But I was kind of bothered about something my parents hadn't told me. They had mentioned that  my grand parents had passed away. But they had never told me how. I looked at the golden bracelet that layed on the sink. It was beautiful. It was exactly one year ago my mom had left me. And it had been one and a half year ago since my dad had died in a car accident. After all this time I had penetrated all my memories of that day. i hadn't dared to open old wounds, too afraid that I would just get infected and sink into the darker again. But it was finally time to deal with it, and say goodbye. I looked at myself in the mirror as the memories started to return. 

I sighted. It was the middle of the night and I had spent half the night at Darren's house. Darren was the schools biggest jerk and had many times destroyed people. Both from the inside and the outside. Darren had forced me to go that party. Because if I wouldn't, I would just become his next target. Well. I had already been targeted by many bullies before. Some of them had even beaten me and taken my lunch money. But the bullies had been to big for me to defend myself. So it always ended with me getting a black eye or worse. So I had sunk to the lowest level- the one where every guy just bullied me whenever he wanted or not. I had sadly, after years off fighting just accepted it. And now I had to hang around the house. But what I didn't understand was why I had to go there. Mostly I had sat by myself in the couch and listened to the loud pop music. But when the midnight had fallen I just wanted to go home. Then Darren had appeared in front of me, with his right hand, Danny or Dan as everyone called him. 

"There you are, Max!" he said a bit slurring. I suspected that he had been drinking. Even if he was only sixteen. 

"Yeah. What do you want Darren? I've been here as you asked." I told him. 

"Yes. I want you to join us. Drinking."  he said challenging. 

"And if I refuse?" I said a bit frustrated. The last thing I wanted was to come all drunk home. Darren just smiled but his green eyes watched me intensive. He then leaned forward so his mouth was only a inch from my ear. 

"I will make your life a living hell." he whispered into my ear. I just looked disgusted at him.

"I'm already living it." I answered, a bit too cocky. He just laughed.