Chapter 14: Two perspectives of a dinner

"Um." was all I manage to say before she cut me off with,

"You just called like a second ago and now you're in the doorway?" Teressa asked confused. I walked toward her so only a few inches separated us. 

"Give me the phone, please Teressa." I said reaching for the phone. 

"Since when do you say 'please' and I just a second ago I heard your voice saying 'Max', who's Max Jaime?" I just grabbed the phone.

"You heard wrong, and by the way 'Max's' my friend, please this is none of your buisness." I said mostly irritated. Did Jaime really had to call me right now? I tried to gently push Teressa out of the room but she just pushed my hands away.

"I heard your voice in the phone Jaime, when you heard my voice you ended the call and suddenly you stand in the doorway." I looked at the floor thinking what I could possible say and I then I came up with the most obvious thing to say. 

"Oh my god Teressa! I just tried to find my phone! And when you picked up I was already in the doorway, so mystery solved." I said as I shook my head. 

"But..." she said and then turned mute.

"No 'but's' now please go away." I said as I sighted.

"But where's your phone then?" she asked instead of leaving. I showed her Jaime's phone and she just nodded.

"Fine I'll go." she said as she walked out the room and slammed the door. I felt bad for treating her that way but I didn't know what I could have said to get her out of here in the quickest way. I dialed Jaime and soon he picked up.

"Why did you have to call? It wasn't easy to fool Teressa you know?" I said more or less in a acusing voice.

"Oh, jeez, sorry I didn't know you would leave my phone laying recklesse in the house." Jaime said with dripping sarcasm. 

"Haha, really funny." I responded him. Jaime could really be... frustrating. 

"...So, I suppose telling you not to talk to my parents is unnecessary now, right?" Jaime said.

"Jaime, please. Just hear me out before you go all pisst off and sarcastic." I said and sighted. After a few seconds of silence Jaime finally spoke,

"Fine."

"Alright. Your parents told me our birth mothers name." I said quickly so Jaime wouldn't change his mind.

"What?" he asked surprised.

"Yeah, well. They aren't that bad." I said.

"Wait... they gave you a name? Harold would never do that. Katherine did that, didn't she?" Jaime asked.

"Jaime, Jennifer Flores is our birth mother." I said so he would just let his bitternes about his parents go away, Sudden silence came so I looked at the phone to see if he hadn't hung up.

"J.F..." Jaime said instead.

"J.F? Do you mean the initials? Why?" I asked him.

"Max, don't you get it? J.F is Jennifer Flores. So the piece of jewelry you found had to belong to her." I stared speechless at the dark blue wall. Why hadn't I thought about that? God I was such a idiot.

"Oh." was  all I said. 

"Max, where did you found the jewelry? You never told me that." Jaime continued.

"Um, I..." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I found it right after I tried to commit suicide. I finished in my mind. Jaime was my brother in flesh and blood, but I just couldn't tell him. At least not now.