Chapter 20: Mission: cameras. Part 1

--Jaime's Pov--

"I can't say that I'm, like... 'comfy' with this plan..." Max said nervous.

"Oh right, so you just wanted me to go in there all alone to disarm the cameras. That's so thoughtful of you." I said in hinted sarcasm, rolling my eyes. 

"No, I didn't mean it like that..." Max sighted heavily.

"What ever. Just, don't screw this up." I said eying him suspiciously.

"Oh my god. No. I won't." Max said through gritted teeth and then he took off. I watched him as he slowly approached the house, as if he was afraid that they would catch him at any moment.

"For the love of god..." I said impatient as he knocked on the door. I covered my face with my palm as he didn't find the doorbell on his right side. I sighted and pulled out my phone.

The doorbell Einstein. I texted him and a few seconds later he received the text and then looked a bit puzzled. But at least he reacted and seeked for the bell, he kept staring at it, but he didn't touch it.

What are you doing? Just press the doorbell. I texted him impatiently. He turned his gaze toward me, puzzled.

What? That lion head thing? I stared at the phone and rolled my eyes.

Yes. Do you now see why I didn't want to put you on charge? I hit send and received an mistrustful glance. I gestured with my arms, signalling to him to finally just ring the bell. And he did. After a couple of seconds later, Teressa, my step sister, opened the door. She stared at Max for a couple of seconds and then hugged him. I couldn't exactly see Max's face, but I was pretty sure that he was a bit shocked. Well. I was too, in fact, since Teressa wasn't the hugging type. She was more like the irritating little sister you just had to put up with. Manage to live with. But of course I loved her, as a brother. I've always have and always will. I smirked. Just some weeks ago, we had been a normal family. I had been in the living room laying on the sofa watching some TV when Teressa, disturbing as she is, came into the room and changed the channel to some random teenage show. She had just laughed at me for watching a documentary about sailing, I had just backfired with my opinions about her show about some random wolfes.

'It's 'Teen wolf'' she had corrected me and I had just responded with 'yeah, what ever'. I did in fact miss that time. Well, I mean, my family hadn't been perfect. No ones is. But we'd managed to live. 

Rap it up. Max texted me and I stared puzzled at the phone, waking up into the reality. We were in my house, or well. Max was, I was in the garden outside the house.

Got it. I texted back and rose from the bushes I had been hiding in. This last weeks had been hard to process. I mean. Just three weeks ago I had lived my normal life. And then, two weeks ago, my world had turned upside down when I found out that I had an twin. I should be feeling either thrilled, anxious, happy, mad, sad, shocked, astonished, betrayed or even confused. But I was still... me. I didn't exactly know what to feel towards my brother. I mean, he is my blood, but he was still a stranger to me. Maybe we could bound in the next couple of months... But then I remembered what was really going on. The past was hunting us. Even if I didn't know what had happened years ago, I knew something was. But to find out the truth, we needed to get Garret to talk. It was still a really tough mission. But not necessarily an impossible one.

Hurry up already. Max texted impatiently and I stared at the text for a few seconds more.

Alright. I put the phone in my pocket and headed to the back of the house where the backdoor to the kitchen was.